Lifting Coil - Iron Burp

DaveP

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Chase, would you mind detailing how you do this.  The Eqx's 'active' (my word) pinpointing is counterproductive for my use.  First, if you turn it on over a strong target (iron or otherwise) then it won't indicate a weaker target as you swing over that.  Second, it has that very annoying feature of dynamically reducing sensitivity as you pass the coil over a target.  On the surface it seems like these two properties would make it hard(er) to find a quiet piece of ground where you can pump and get a good ground balance.

Pinpointing is effective enough to point out whether you have a significant target under the coil or not if the unit is sounding off on iron AND ground noise simultaneously.  Sometimes, ground noise gives the user the impression there is no "clear" ground.  So I recommend using the pinpointer mode for the purpose of determining whether there is an actual, signficant target under the coil.  If you happend to pinpoint over a coin or piece of can slaw or even a nail, I really don't think it would make much of a difference.  But if you use the pinpoint mode you have reasonable assurance you are not about to pinpoint above a target.