A GPX 6000, And My First Impressions Of Taking A Great Detector Into The Mojave

This was our first test with her out in the Mojave Desert, and all I can say it is very easy to walk about detecting with this one.  Firstly, there was no stooping over with a scoop to pick up bad targets with this detector, they were all the real thing! And GeoSense works amazingly well, love being able to go with her automatically and easily keeping up with wherever I detected, it was a breeze.  I've detected with others that were unwieldly and hard to control in the desert, but I can say this one is really something special.   We walked for a couple miles on the edge of a dry lake looking for meteorites and she really showed her stuff. She almost seemed to know her way over the salty ground, and picked up anything I threw at her.  She easily found nuggets of every size left behind by many others, and was very quiet and hardly made any noise anywhere I went, even in the most briny parts of the ground covered with white salt, underneath the buzzing high tension power lines that cross parts of the dry lake, and even going over hot rocks did not seem to bother her much.  She's quite a detector and we are finally really lucky to have one like this!  All I can say is wow, everyone should have one like this for detecting!

163804589_GPX6000test.jpg.696623e4ff4b6bb0c04799722dfbe713.jpg

June is a great detector dog, we rescued her from the pound, and one day I hope to find a GPX 6000 too. Happy April 1st!

Sounds like she's a very special canine, GotAU?! Nice photoshop job, btw.

5 hours ago, Lunk said:

Sounds like she's a very special canine, GotAU?! Nice photoshop job, btw.

Thanks! Makes me look like one of those Minelab models, doesn’t it? 😉

• The title was changed to A GPX 6000, And My First Impressions Of Taking A Great Detector Into The Mojave