Odd Coincidence With The Hurricane

So many, many years ago when I was a lot younger I found a nice silver love token. This tokens was made from a silver dime (probably Barber or Seated) from a local vendor.  being as it was engraved on both sides, I often wondered if the young man was successful in wooing this young lady. I remember thinking this must be old because no one these days names their daughter by that name, at least not in New England anyways. I often wondered who this lady was, what did she look like, was she a nice person??? Fast forward to this weekend and my heart and prayers go out to the people of Louisiana and the surrounding areas that are affected from hurricane Ida. I hope you recover and have not lost any family.  I guess the hurricane answered my questions about the young lady. I hope that gentleman ran like hell from her 😲 😄 The pictures tell it all.  Stay safe everyone.

P8300222.JPG

P8300223.JPG

Wow, if you had found it yesterday I would be nervous... Bad enough Ida came in on the anniversary of Katrina. My thoughts and well wishes go out to everyone affected by that storm. It will be here Thursday. 😵 Probably a good thing because it will break the heat wave.

I think the lady, in this case, is definitely the horse!! Look how happy that she looks, that's a "human" expression portrayed, if I've ever seen one! A nice tribute to a beloved friend! Not bad, simple engraving work,(could be stamped, or rolled Name side) and the script used is somewhat unusual! Cool piece!! Too bad no dates!👍👍