Website Back In Time ×

Gold Rush Camp Coin Finds

12 minutes ago, ROCKINGCM said:

The wife and I spent a few really smoky hours at the gold rush camp site.  It has been a little harder to find the good targets.  The ground is hard as hell and I had to make a thin custom pick to break up the ground.   I was digging mostly old round balls and sprue pieces with the DEUS.  She was complaining about square nails coming up as 17 on the Nox. So I lowered the sensitivity and upped the recovery speed a bit which was just a guess? Anyways the next sweep netted a half dime and she is possibly still mad at me for finding it at her feet.  Chinese coin was a lucky find on my way out.  I can’t seem to take a good pic with this 12 Pro max so this is the best I can do.   Thanks for looking. 

12B208DC-0868-4B7A-BE28-231EBF3044AF.jpeg

Just now, Matt4gold said:

There’s coins you don’t see everyday.  Nice finds!

Thanks Matt 

That's some great stuff Chris! If you're only coming back from a hunt with 2 finds those are about the best I could imagine. The Chinese Cash can be very old. Each one has the name of a ruler and where it was minted. Try "lensing" them with Google Lens. For me the problem would be which way is up? ?

You are lucky finding the more valuable coins. ?

• Like 1

Cool finds Chris!!! Your wife will just have to get over it, with her next find!! "Finders keepers" and all that!!?  I like how nice that 1835 half looks, and the offset -3- makes it a small date! Show us the other side, to see if it's a large or small "5C"??

• Like 1

That's known as the "small date" version, got a "bad" photo of the back?