Working A Patch

Rege-PA

Is it better to get the big nuggets out of the way first or should one start with the small ones and then concentrate on the bigger ones? Wouldn`t it be nice to have this problem!  My own thoughts are the following.

After locating patch with the GPX and a mid size coil I would chain from several directions, when no more signals were evident break out the SDC 2300 and chain and flog again.

Last step get out the 18 or 20in coils and listen for the deep lurkers/lunkers.

Do you think removing the small gold will enable one to hear the deeper gold better?

A ZED may be able to do all in one sweep.

Your thoughts and experiences appreciated.

I only found one good virgin patch in Oz...I was too excited to be logical. I just swung from nugget to nugget until I nearly stroked out from the heat. Then the group got on it and I lost interest. The guys that I talked to in Oz usually picked the easy ones then went back for clean-up. I really would love the conundrum ....

find a patch, Rege, the rest will reveal itself when you need it....

fred

There isn't any one detector that will do it all. I still am not confident that the GPZ has a significant depth improvement over a properly setup 5000. I recently rediscovered a very small area with the Z that I thought I had cleaned out with the 5000. after finishing with the Z I went back over it with a 6" coil on the 5000 and found several pieces more. The only conclusion that I can draw from this experience is - when I miss gold it's obviously the detectors fault.

You are right Klunker, after a day of finding nothing I frequently threaten my detector by not charging it for not finding gold. However, I must be careful as this has back fired several times on me and a flat machine will definitely not find gold!

Yeah I wander around like a chook feeding, could never be disciplined enough to chain or grid. But the son loves it, just follows me and gets the bulk.

you find the gold......the detector jus tells you where to dig