Nothing But Nickels (almost)

8 hours ago, kac said:

How old is that rein guide? I have a couple similar but they don't have threaded bottoms and look to be made of bronze or brass.

If you go over the area again, slap the stock coil and see if you can go a bit deeper. It might have been detected quite a few years ago and the Nox with stock coil can go much deeper.

Really nice places you hunt. Think that really makes the day even if pickings aren't off the charts.

It's hard to tell with rein guides, they still make them. This one was about 12" deep, got an iffy 32, and kept digging. I'll dig nearly nearly everything above 25. 😀 A few I've found are very ornate, I imagine them being older. What is also possible is that there was activity here before what can be seen. The coins are all from the 20s to the 40s, so it's possible early 1900s. I would put one like this in the 1800s:20211115_101400.thumb.jpg.cbf3dc8b38849a94c039be1b97e74c7a.jpg

Every one I have dug is bronze or brass. Probably would skip an iron one.

2 hours ago, strick said:

Those guys that cleaned out the silver here’s to them 🤮

thats what we get for being late to the game...don’t think I’ve ever been to a spot where there was silver in abundance....nice shooting that elliptical is awesome

strick 

I have another emoji for them 🤬 

Worst part is the farmer says I'm the only one he ever gave permission to. These places get nighthawked, a lot of times someone who knows the place tells another "he wouldn't mind".

It's a rural thing, but I know for a fact that they mind. I don't make a big deal of it and am satisfied with what I get.

I'm surprised to find 2 silver nickels, they came up as pennies. They were on the outer fringe of where the house was. Dug them both while scouting, I'll get back to that area.

2 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

I have another emoji for them 🤬 

Worst part is the farmer says I'm the only one he ever gave permission to. These places get nighthawked, a lot of times someone who knows the place tells another "he wouldn't mind".

It's a rural thing, but I know for a fact that they mind. I don't make a big deal of it and am satisfied with what I get.

The bottle diggers are the worst...they come in under the cover of darkness....leave a big hole in the ground and here we are worried about messing up the place lol 

strick

Seeing more people dig till they get tossed here. Other day saw couple guys with their foot diggers on a private soccer field. On my way back they were gone and the cops were there. Not that hard to just ask but they ruin it for others by not getting permission.

11 minutes ago, kac said:

Seeing more people dig till they get tossed here. Other day saw couple guys with their foot diggers on a private soccer field. On my way back they were gone and the cops were there. Not that hard to just ask but they ruin it for others by not getting permission.

To me finds are much more rewarding knowing I played by the rules. 🙂