Deus 2 Vs Nox 12" Deep Gold Ring Beach Modes 11" Coils

Jeff McClendon

Just now, Jeff McClendon said:

So I manually accept all iron range targets with the accept/reject feature so Beach 1 and Beach 2 are preset for -9 to +40.

Interesting.  

I find in Horseshoe mode that the separation between Ferrous and Non-Ferrous becomes more pronounced. There is, without question an increase in depth ability. 

When you do this, do you need to be in two tones?  Other than the obvious [hearing ferrous]  Do you notice other performance factors? 

Dave, we have been over this before. So as far as I know there is absolutely no difference between being in default Beach 1 (-9 to 0 rejected) and pressing the horseshoe button to accept -9 to 0, or just doing what I do, accept all targets in Beach 1 manually from -9 to 0. 

Pressing the horseshoe button does not change the “mode” to something special, magical or anything else. It is just a shortcut for what I do manually. Beach 1 with the horseshoe button engaged is still Beach 1 with all metal targets accepted.

Whether pressing the horseshoe button to accept all targets in Park 1, Park 2, Field 1, Field 2, Beach 1, Beach 2, Gold 1 or Gold 2 adds depth to the Equinox…….I have no clue. Will it make it possible to hit iffy, borderline non-ferrous targets that are responding as mixed non/ferrous and ferrous….definitely. Obviously it is the only way to detect really deep non ferrous targets that are totally responding as ferrous unless one runs a threshold tone with -9 to +0 rejected and listens for interruptions in the threshold. At a noisy beach that method might not work real well.

8 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Pressing the horseshoe button does not change the “mode” to something special, magical or anything else. It is just a shortcut for what I do manually. Beach 1 with the horseshoe button engaged is still Beach 1 with all metal targets accepted.

Well.  I will be back on my machine soon. After a week back in, I will do just this. I will change the machine over manually to accept everything. It would be obvious to me really quick if there were operational differences.   I will call it Jeff beach day!!!  😁

8 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Obviously it is the only way to detect really deep non ferrous targets that are totally responding as ferrous

YES