Good Morning From The UK

stillair1

Welcome to the forum Neal,

Glad you found us! Varminting is something I haven't seen on here before! Do you use dogs or some type of ferrets to catch them? Seen a few shows about it here in the states; interesting!

Hope it goes well with detecting those found varmint spots, you never know! Good luck!👍👍

Welcome to the forum and please post some nice pictures of your finds.

The relics, the coins, the golden loot that has been long lost is always nice to see.

Good luck and good hunting.

Welcome, stillair1!  From your sidebar it looks like you have the tools to recover the goods from near that pier.  Hope you also have the weather (but I just read about a storm that hit GB and then Scandanavia, Germany,...).  If not, I suspect with the lengthening daylight (N. Hemisphere only 😉) you and we here will soon.

On 1/30/2022 at 12:36 PM, rvpopeye said:

Welcome to the crew stillair1 !

Longest pier ya say .....would ya have a pic of it ?

What kind of treasarrrrrr be found under such a beast ?

Hi rvpopeye, We find mostly pre decimal coinage, jewellery and quite a bit of ww11 munition fragments. If you have a look at  Essex unearthed on the tube you will get some good views of the pier, which is  about a mile and a third long. 

On 1/30/2022 at 8:43 PM, Joe D. said:

Welcome to the forum Neal,

Glad you found us! Varminting is something I haven't seen on here before! Do you use dogs or some type of ferrets to catch them? Seen a few shows about it here in the states; interesting!

Hope it goes well with detecting those found varmint spots, you never know! Good luck!👍👍

Hi Joe I use mostly rifles these days.

18 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Welcome, stillair1!  From your sidebar it looks like you have the tools to recover the goods from near that pier.  Hope you also have the weather (but I just read about a storm that hit GB and then Scandanavia, Germany,...).  If not, I suspect with the lengthening daylight (N. Hemisphere only 😉) you and we here will soon.

Hi most of the storms we get in the UK usually hit the west or north of the UK. On the east coast we're waiting for the beast from the east to stir up the beaches again. 

Essex Unearthed , is that you ?

I just watched the video titled UK Southend PierI caught a quick clip of the pier (I think!). I'll look at some more of the vids....

I was thinking that looked like a LOT of flat beach there.. plenty of ground to cover !

Then seeing the speed of the tide comin' in showed how flat it was !  Was that a negative low tide ? How much tide do you have there?

3-4 meter range here . sea temp just a bit above freezing today.  (Air temp in the "not" numbers !🙃)      Some of the negative low tides here in Maine are around a half meter. I wear my wool socks in the boots for WHEN a wave tops the rubber. It always happens LOL🙄

Pinpointer on the scoop handle ? ,,,,have to try that out !👍

(My T Rex scoop handle is almost the twin of that one on the Sito.)

Hi rvpopye,

Yes quite a bit of flat beach, though nothing like what you have in the USA. High tides are plus around 5m and  the very low tides  are down to  around 0.1 to 0.6m on a full moon.  We  only venture to the end of the pier with chest waders  on a low low tide, which is coming up this weekend, All the best Neil