Hello From Turkey

Turhan

Turhan

Hello to you in Turkey.  It is good to have you here.

What types of things can you find there in your parks and beaches?

Mitchel

• Like 1

Welcome, Turhan!  Please tell us a bit more about your detecting experiences, equipment, and goals/plans.  I know you have a lot of history there just awaiting discovery.  Nokta/Makro user?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Turhan

Hello to you in Turkey.  It is good to have you here.

What types of things can you find there in your parks and beaches?

Mitchel

hello mate in here it's forbidden to metal detect on any land soil but its completely free to metal detect underwater or near the beach unless its a archelogical site i usually detect for lost gold rings jewellerry stuff etc i found lots of gold rings and silvers 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Welcome, Turhan!  Please tell us a bit more about your detecting experiences, equipment, and goals/plans.  I know you have a lot of history there just awaiting discovery.  Nokta/Makro user?

i usually metal detect all the day till sun dawn i work heavily in summer and im usually idle in the winter becouse i dont have a car to travel arround im using a minelab equinox 600 my goal is keep this job till i can't 🙂  becouse of the economical status of my country one of the best job is metal detect in here on your own 

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

Welcome Turhan,

How interesting you live in a country that has one of the main manufactuers of metal detectors yet you're not allowed to detect there on land, that is a surprise.   It's a wonder Nokta's focus wasn't on water detectors.

I hope all is going well for you over there, seems a pretty tough place to live at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Welcome Turhan,

How interesting you live in a country that has one of the main manufactuers of metal detectors yet you're not allowed to detect there on land, that is a surprise.   It's a wonder Nokta's focus wasn't on water detectors.

I hope all is going well for you over there, seems a pretty tough place to live at the moment.

thank you for your concern living in here is very difficult like you said in the other hand goverment didn't allow to metal detect on land becouse there are so many artifacts and treasures left in turkey waiting to be found my guess is they are keeping it for themselves lol 

• Haha 2

Welcome to the forum Turhan!

I had the pleasure of visiting your country in the 90s when I was in the Army. I got to see quite a bit of it from Ephesus to the Black Sea. I am familiar with your country's strong protection of artifacts, we weren't able to bring anything back with us 😀

At least you can search the beaches and water, knowing the rich history of your country there may even be random old finds there. Be careful!

I too have an Equinox 600, and use it a lot. It's a great detector. I wish you the best of luck in all you do. 👍

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum and please share some of your stories and finds with us when you get a chance.

Please include some pictures of the area as you come from a beautiful country.

Lots of history there and I am sure there is some nice treasures yet to be found.

Good luck and good hunting.

• Like 1