New Garrett Price Increases Next Week

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/9/2022 at 7:57 PM, Geotech said:

I can probably tell you why. The chip shortage is crazy and chip prices are doubling, tripling, and quadrupling. When you can get any chips at all. At FTP we are scrambling to sub parts just to keep things in production and the prices are eye-popping.

Same issue[s] we're experiencing, although we're starting to see things ease up a little bit.  I know the folks in charge of sourcing parts have been earning their keep lately.  One of our competitors raised their prices three times over the past year an average of 8% each increase (that's almost 30% compounded). 

With the demand we're seeing, we cannot ship product fast enough.

We need that new $100B Intel manufacturing plant like yesterday.

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2022 at 1:57 AM, Cal_Cobra said:

We need that new $100B Intel manufacturing plant like yesterday.

I hear ya! The current official word is that the plant is expected to begin construction "some time" this year and be operational by 2025...unfortunately, with standard construction delays on a project that size, I'd be amazed if it's producing chips by 2027.  As it is, Intel only just now made selections for the initial contractors: NBC4 Columbus: Intel Picks First 4 Construction Firms to Begin Work on Intel Plant. Doesn't bode well for a meaningful 2022 ground breaking, but I hope I'm wrong!