Hello From Tucson

BobC

I've been lurking for a few years, thought it was time to join. Started detecting in  the mid 70's after I got out of the Army. And of course life a a few wives got in the way so the detectors stayed in the closet until I retired in 2016. Since then I've tried and owned several detectors from the Notka fors for gold, fisher gold bug, whites 24k. nox 800, GM1000, and of course my favorite the deus.

If you haven't guess by now I've done a little prospecting, started in the early 1980's while I was living in Las Vegas, a one eyed prospector named Charlie got me started.

Like many old guys I have problems, one of which is my shoulder, so because of the weight, most of the detectors have found a new home. I still have the Deus and GM1000.

The Deus I use in parks, tried it and the ORX for prospecting but found they do not like the Arizona desert, some how dust finds it way under the screen and the screen goes haywire, rolling from one program to another. (High pressure air hose solves the problem)

The GM100 is fine, but I hate the shaft.

Bob

Welcome Bob. Glad you decided to join.

Bob, welcome to the forum and please share some of your stories with us.

Plenty of people here with a lot of knowledge to share what they know and please share if you can help others also.

Good luck and good hunting.

Welcome to the forums Bob !

I lived in Tucson in '82 , still miss it. Speedway+3rd 

I too belong to the "lightweight detector club" !

Better having pains digging in the dirt , than to be under the dirt with no pain !

🤪 

11 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Welcome to the forums Bob !

I lived in Tucson in '82 , still miss it. Speedway+3rd 

I too belong to the "lightweight detector club" !

Better having pains digging in the dirt , than to be under the dirt with no pain !

🤪

My mother was from Main, my father NH, when he retired from the Army he moved back to  NH, I graduated from High school in Rochester, after my stay in the Army I worked the night shift for a trucking company in Stanford ME. Too much snow for me, even though all my relatives live in the north east

7 hours ago, BobC said:

My mother was from Main,

My grandmother is from York, Maine. Her family history goes back to the Mayflower.

16 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

My grandmother is from York, Maine. Her family history goes back to the Mayflower.

We may be related, half of Berwick and North Berwick are relatives., most of them are Shaw,Hall, Grason My great-great-great etc grandfather arrived in 1601

6 hours ago, BobC said:

We may be related,

I will ask her about the family name and let you know.

On 2/15/2022 at 2:48 AM, Valens Legacy said:

My grandmother was from York County Maine as well. 

Welcome Bob,

Glad to have your experience here! And Thank You, for your service!!🇺🇲

Thanks for the background info, and hope to see what you've been hunting! Took me over thirty years to get back to the dirt in 2015, but I'm here to stay now, till I'm under it!🤣👍👍