Another Day At The Old Hog Farm

Back to the old Pig farm, where several restaurants dumped the table scraps, in the 40,s 50,s and 60,s I used to be a bus boy and as fast as you have to go , alot of things get thrown out with the scraps so far i have found two Merc dimes but i wonder if its worth all the digging, as the pigs rutted up the dirt alot and put scratches on the coins , I took a picture of a bottle cap that came out all chewed up , Most likly from the Hogs, but you never know when somthing good will come out , got alot of ground to dig yet . and i found a early pull tab dating from 1962 1964 era , so cool

20220506_155433.jpg

Nice. Lot of silverware, they spoon feed the hogs?

6 hours ago, Kaolin washer said:

I took a picture of a bottle cap that came out all chewed up , Most likly from the Hogs

I feel real sorry that your bottle top was ruin, better luck next time I'm sure you will find another one soon. 😁

16 hours ago, Kaolin washer said:

...I wonder if its worth all the digging,...but you never know when somthing good will come out,...

Sounds like you answered your own question.  😄  Silver dimes still have bullion value.  I assume the flatwear is either stainless or plated.  Sterling silverware would definitely be worth the effort, IMO, but it would have to be a very high end restaurant (e.g. country club?), I would think, and then they might have been more careful.

Could be gold ring in there, too....