My New Permish

Bob38

I recieved a new permission last friday at a place I drive by going to work everyday. Based on my research a early homestead existed there at one time but it was all grown over for the past couple of years and needed a good brush-hogging. Months and years went by and finally it was mowed down decent enough to make a good swing.  About 5 years ago I was going over aerial photographs and 1900 survey maps and marked over 20 locations in notheastern Oklahoma. One of them juat happened to be a block and a half from my office. Made a call to the owners and he gave me permission. This past Sunday I found a sword belt plate. We have had some Civil War activity around here but nothing like Virginia. So Im very fortunate to have found this.  

IMG_1407.JPG

IMG_1410.jpg

• The title was changed to My New Permish

Excellent find! Those plates are pretty valuable. 👍 I can feel the frustration, I'd have asked if I could mow the place, but that's me. 😀 Good luck on your continued searches.

I have recieved permmision on several occasions by offering to mow the property. Its a win win situation for everyone. However on this property it needed to be brush hogged. Now I know where the hotspot are, I can take my brushcutter out there and spend about an hour knocking down the stuble.