Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Is Garrett About To Release A New Gold Prospecting Pi?

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

So when Minelab comes out with a new detector the early bird catches the worm, get in quick, run run run! When Garrett does, wait and see? ?

For me cuz that is true, coz I`ve been there before was way back a Garrett early bird, but I`ll have one if the user network proves tis a winner just twice bitten thrice shy. 

• Like 2

On you folks, tis tops to see that excitement, lets drink to there being competition in our beloved detector market. 

Looks like Garrett has produced an all around, versatile, lightweight, PI that even I may like for gold prospecting, relic hunting a saltwater beach detecting. Who was the guy, was it “Gold In The Blood” that was giving many of us a hard time for even suggesting that Garrett might be able to release a competitive PI alternative…..

Thank you Steve H, Gerry and any other testers from around the world that helped to make this happen. Huge thanks to Garrett too.

Anyone that wants to buy a really nice GPX 6000 from me at a great price, just PM me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From what my Garrett Distributor just told me, Garrett plans to build and stockpile  a considerable quantity of Axioms, and then release them to their dealers all at once, ensuring that there will be an equitable distribution of machines to all marketers. Many potential Deus II customers were upset when XP sent large quantities to favored dealers, and the little guys, myself included, had to wait weeks. Current ETA for shipment of Axioms is thought to be 6 weeks, but that is not written in stone. Sorry, I currently don't have any info on retail price. Hope this helps. HH Jim

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Gawd, I hope it's not $6.8K (4×Gold Spot)

Yea no kidding! I'd have a hard time paying much more than $3500 for it. Not like I need one right now having both a 5000 and 6000, they pretty much cover my needs. If I gold nugget hunted more I could maybe see it. But for me it would just be a new toy to learn and play with.

• Like 1

I just hope it's easy to access, the Garrett NZ dealer still hasn't even imported any 24k's, I've contacted them about it this morning but don't have much hope, I'd be forced to try get one from the USA I think.