Is Garrett About To Release A New Gold Prospecting Pi?

I think this machine will be quite popular.  The light weight and user friendliness alone will appeal to many.  I bet there will be some serious nugget sensing ability as well.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 9:11 AM, mn90403 said:

How waterproof is it?  I don't remember or didn't see what it had to say.

From Brent's exploded view it looks rain resistant but not waterproof.

Doesn't look like anything White's was working on.

Looks like it uses a 4-pin microphone-style connector. This means it's not compatible with older Minelab coils but on the bright side it means the coil isn't chipped.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

How waterproof is it?  I don't remember or didn't see what it had to say.

And why do they call it Market Scale?

Here the link for the Axiom including the owners manual:

https://garrett.com/sport/axiom

Waterproof coils and rain resistant control box

4.7 pounds with stock coil

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It looks like they used the ground window we developed for the GM24k. Instead of tracking one ground point it tracks multiple and opens or closes the window depending on how variable the ground is. Great way to add stability in areas with hot rocks or variable ground.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like basalt hot rocks will be easier to deal with, the battery is internal though. Also another hot screen to view in the sun. I made a extended shade cover out of craft foam and velcro for my other detectors, they work well.

Looks to be a great exploration machine, planning on getting one to try. Do dealers know an availability date yet? Also, I can't tell from the video, are headphones required?

About the same weight as the GPX 6000 if I'm not mistaken, iron check, handles EMI and hot rocks better. The Axiom may just give the 6000 a run for the money. If it's priced at 3k or under it's going to be a no brainer for someone looking to get into a multipurpose PI.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

If it lives up to what i've seen so far, I'd pay the same price for it I paid for my 6k, just for the fact it's missing some of the issues I had (I wont' turn this into a 6k bashing thread but I really do feel if it's even the same weight, with the options and features why would it not be worth the same price). 🙂

For me if it's the same price as the 6000, I'll just stick with the 6000. I really don't have that many issues with EMI or hot rocks where I use it. Been using it for relics a lot lately too and I really like it for that purpose as well. Now if the Axiom is priced low enough I wouldn't mind adding it to the lineup as a complimentary PI to the 6000.

• Like 3

We all remember Steve's Challenge, right?  He had a price point he wanted a lightweight PI to come in at.  How close will this come to that?