Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

Tejon is great. I take it out first in a new site.

Yea, it's a good video, I could drop it on Youtube if people don't use Facebook.

The guy using it swings a detector like I did when I first started detecting, covering about 30% of the ground he walks over ?

The more I see of it the more I know I'd still keep using my CTX as well, it's not a CTX replacement, it's certainly a great upgrade to a Nox though, I think they've done a good job of it and it's a good next generation Nox to keep the competition in the rear view mirror.

• Like 3

On 8/28/2022 at 4:23 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Yep, they replaced the entire Nox shaft system with CF on the Mandible and managed to shave an ounce.  I replaced the shaft on my Nox with a Steveg CF system and saved about 3 oz.  Hopefully, the additional non-shaft weight on the Manitorque was utilized to shore up the control pod and handle watertight integrity giving it an impressive 2 meters of additional depth capability.  The Beast should truly be a beast in the water now.

Some serious bad nicknames going around - 

14 hours ago, midalake said:

I see a Horseshoe mode on the Manticore. I hunt with the horseshoe mode ON with the Equinox. This is the only way the ferrous mode is accepted.

Minelab is going to have to come up with some special sauce on that iron range stuff, Because: I find iron targets on the Equinox bounce all over the place. Rarely do I EVER see a ferrous target lock. This will be interesting to watch!

Relic hunting inland it's common place that iron tools (axe heads, chisels, picks, etc) will TID @ 13 on the Equinox.  This expanded iron range will be interesting to see in play.  Ironically the Minelab Sovereign originally had a 550 segment TID meter, people complained about it and then they came out with a scaled down meter, so more isn't always better. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cal_Cobra said:

Ironically the Minelab Sovereign originally had a 550 segment TID meter, people complained about it and then they came out with a scaled down meter, so more isn't always better. 

? Remember quite vividly changing both my Sovereign meters to "180" scale!

• Like 1