Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

New Minelab Manticore

Sheppo

4 hours ago, vive equinox said:

someone understood for the many light settings? I would like to know if everything can be turned off completely?
in the mini manual it is written from 1 to 10, so there is no zero?

I hunt beaches at 80% at night without any lights and if this manticore can't turn off the lights completely then it will be without me

I have read somewhere that the screen light is automatic, it adjusts according to the intensity of external light just like mobile phones, hopefully it has an off mode

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Luis said:

I have read somewhere that the screen light is automatic, it adjusts according to the intensity of external light just like mobile phones, hopefully it has an off mode

yes, its an option, it has a light sensors on it, you can manually adjust it or have it on auto.

22 minutes ago, phrunt said:

yes, its an option, it has a light sensors on it, you can manually adjust it or have it on auto.

That is a nice feature; the Auto display backlight.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, phrunt said:

yes that's what I understood too, but in the manual setting, they say from 1 to 10, which could mean that you cannot completely turn off the light.

it's very important to me, I'm used to detecting, digging and recovering targets in total darkness and I don't want to be seen on the beach with a light even if it is set to minimum on 1 .

Is there anyone who can provide any information on this? can we run manticore without any light??

The automatic adjustable light is probably Nice for my iphone but for a detector i dont see the point here 

we are not continusly with the eyes on the screen 

At this point the only thing I don't like about it is the lack of the 6" coil, apart from that it looks great on paper. They say it has enhanced EMI handling which is interesting, I wonder if that just means more control over sensitivity with 1 to 35 now ?

It does sound impressive though...

Overview

MANTICORE with Multi-IQ+ is the most powerful, fastest, and precise metal detector in Minelab’s history. The heart of MANTICORE is its super-charged Simultaneous Multi-Frequency (MULTI-IQ+) engine. This feat of innovation generates an incredible 50% power increase over the best-selling detector series of all time: EQUINOX. When combined with advanced 2D Target Identification (ID) and rich audio options, the detectorist has every bit of vital information arriving at their eyes and ears. MANTICORE is an unrivalled detecting experience that pushes the boundaries of detecting to deliver more power, more depth, and more finds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vive equinox said:

Is there anyone who can provide any information on this?

If you go to the webpage CPT_Ghostlight linked above (two above your post), on the lower right there will be an icon with the word 'ask'.  Click on that and you will get a form which when completed will be submitted to Minelab.  I did that and they answered my questions via e-mail in just a couple hours (well, I think when they arrived for work in the morning).