Manticore Complaints?

14 hours ago, longbow62 said:

I have not noticed any big complaints about the Manticore so far. I mean there has been the iron falsing concern, but other than that no build quality issues or comfort issues I have heard of. I am supposed to get mine in a few days. For the people that have them already how would you rate form and function? Is there anything so far that is remotely sketchy or buggy?

Longbow62, I hope your Manticore arrives soon and that it works out for you. If its improvements are equal to those on the Equinox 900 compared to the 800 (probably even more improvements) you should be in business with a definite Equinox 800 upgrade.

No complaints but a couple of quirks I’ve noticed so far: 

Coke rings up at a nice solid 1 and dead on the conductivity line. The default ferrous limits in all terrain general don’t null this out so I’ll either have to try a custom ferrous profile or just ignore signals at that VDI/trace. 

Some smaller rusty bits of iron/broken nail seem to vdi right off the right hand side of the scale at 98/99 with a high tone on the conductive line. I’ve heard this referred to as VDI wraparound where a very low-ID'd signal just wraps back to the top of the scale. Again not sure whether this needs to be adjusted out or if minelab need to try and correct it in a software update. For now though once I’d learned the behaviour it was easy enough to ignore and move on. 

I agree with dancer , couple of guy dunk it in the water whippy  
want to see someone hunt with it in the water for a period of time.  
not really sure how many machines are out there. 
think Minelab only handing them out if you have a utube channel

Thanks for the heads up. They are all gone now as of 7:30 ET. I did not get one.

Ringtail

1 hour ago, Ringtail said:

Thanks for the heads up. They are all gone now as of 7:30 ET. I did not get one.

Ringtail

I should have clarified, in my last post I was referring to Cabela’s. I called them as soon as I saw a post from Chesroy, which was about an hour after he posted. The Cabela’s chat support person that I spoke to said they could check all the stores nationwide. I take that with a grain of salt because a previous Cabela’s chat support person told me that they could only check individual stores. I called my local store and spoke to a human who checked and he said they don’t have any in stock nationwide.

Ringtail

I agree the "drama" of not being able to buy a Manticore did need to have a bit of water tipped on it to get things put back into perspective.

The excitement to the machine being an improvement to the 800 I feel was not drama.I think we older generation who have got the "T shirt" should let people enjoy the excitement knowing that if we were 20 years younger we would have been just as excited, god knows there's been enough doom and gloom over the last couple of years with covid. 

Soap box over lol.

17 hours ago, Geordiedan said:

No complaints but a couple of quirks I’ve noticed so far

Some smaller rusty bits of iron/broken nail seem to vdi right off the right hand side of the scale at 98/99 with a high tone on the conductive line. I’ve heard this referred to as VDI wraparound where a very low-ID'd signal just wraps back to the top of the scale. Again not sure whether this needs to be adjusted out or if minelab need to try and correct it in a software update. For now though once I’d learned the behaviour it was easy enough to ignore and move on. 

This is I think what is confusing some of the early users. The signal you are talking about will usually give a higher pitched fainter tone pegged all the way to the max on the target trace as a very small dot. It will read 99. Coins will usually hit louder and with  a bigger dot on the target trace...not all the way to the right as a tiny dot.  Usually the the iron indicator will give some hint as you circle. Naturally I dug a few of these as well. Usually small piece of iron deep like you have found as well. I’ve not tried to block out the wrap around yet and like You  I just take a pass and move on. 

Strick