Manticore Complaints?

The Manticore is my last new detector for the foreseeable future. I plan on getting the small coil for it when it becomes available, then that's it I'm done. Its going to take a major leap for me to even consider another detector.  

43 minutes ago, longbow62 said:

Its going to take a major leap for me to even consider another detector

5 years from now ML will come out with an FE-CO screen, 3-D display 'OrgasmaCore' and it'll be deja vu all over again...

24 minutes ago, canslawhero said:

5 years from now ML will come out with an FE-CO screen, 3-D display 'OrgasmaCore' and it'll be deja vu all over again...

Better be attached to a power wheelchair🙂

8 hours ago, steveg said:

Can you elaborate a bit on "lower shaft a bit flimsy?"  

Steve

Steve it does not flex with the 11" coil. The diameter is smaller than what was used on the Nox. I don't know what the thickness is but I could measure it and get back. I was saying "some" may think that so maybe the surf guys? I'm careful not to lean on it...I guess we will have to see how it does with the large beach coil. 

strick

Interesting, strick.  Thanks.

Yes, I'd be curious to know the wall thickness...OR, if not a direct measurement of the wall, the O.D. measurement minus the I.D. measurement divided by 2 gives the wall thickness too, of course.

Steve

8 hours ago, steveg said:

Interesting, strick.  Thanks.

Yes, I'd be curious to know the wall thickness...OR, if not a direct measurement of the wall, the O.D. measurement minus the I.D. measurement divided by 2 gives the wall thickness too, of course.

Steve

Steve, the OD of the lower shaft on the 900 and Manticore is 17.5mm...the ID is 15.5mm, which seems like a strange size.

Dan,

Yes -- a bit of an "odd" size, BUT -- the wall thickness is then 1mm (based on your measurements, THANKS)!  This (the wall thickness) is pretty standard, though the tube size is a bit odd...

Steve

0.69" od. Was that measured on the lower shaft?