Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

16 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The X-Terra Pro looks to be $269 USD,

OK Missed that price announcement.  That's not a bad price point for selectable Single Frequency.  Which is really where Nokta should go with the "new" Simplex.

If Nokta is embracing BT whole heartedly they really need to get the BT variant of their PP out there.  And probably move away from APTX to BLE.  They deadended pulse dive wireless integration when they abandoned their proprietary wireless accessories on Legend.

1 minute ago, Chase Goldman said:

OK Missed that price announcement.  That's not a bad price point.

Simplex killer ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Have Coiltek take the investment burden of coil manufacture and aftermarket support off ML's hands and then ride the wave of increased Manticore sales resulting from people who are swayed by the aftermarket coil choices.

How big (and busy) is Coiltek?  Can they handle the demand that Manticore coils will bring?  I suspect the wise guys here will say it's easy to expand their company, suppliers, etc.  My standard, sarcastic reply:  "Everything appears easy as long as someone else is doing it."

There are other options besides Coiltek, though.  Unfortunately one big one (in Ukraine) is otherwise occupied, and the unfortunate part goes way past us end users.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I have not seen this big ML price reduction of which you speak.  Maybe I am misinterpreting your post?

Yes, Nox 600/800 was a paradigm shift for ML as it brought relatively affordable, premium Simultaneous MF to the masses back in 2018. It was a game changer in terms of value (superior performance at reasonable cost).

However that really didn't set ML on a path to be a leader in affordable, capable detectors going forward despite increased pressure from competitors of late (Garrett, Nokta, XP, and now Quest).

The revamped Nox 700/900 (arguably what Nox should have been when released 5 years ago) was priced higher than the legacy Nox 600/800 and that was AFTER ML RAISED the price on the Nox 800 by $100US 4 years after release.   

The Manticore improves on some of Nox's features and adds a 2 D display but is the debateable incremental improvement in performance with a physical/ergonomic design equivalent to the Nox 900 worth the $600 premium over the Nox 900?

Now they are getting ready to release a multiple selectable frequency machine (Xterra Pro) that doesn't appear to be poised to come in under the SMF Nokta Legend price point.

I have not seen ANY ML answer to the Garrett Axiom and don't expect to any time soon since it's only been about a year plus since the GPX 6000 PI was released in the US at a price about $2K US more than the Axiom.

So really, I am not understanding your point.

The 6000 has just dropped 25% of its price and it's only been a year since its arrival.  When have you ever gotten a high end price reduction on a newly released detector?  I think never

• Like 2

Minelab won't allow others to make coils for it, to say Minelab don't have control of the aftermarket manufacturers is an understatement, I'm confident they can only make what they're allowed to make and not whatever sizes and types they want.  It's a damn shame Detech and Nel can't make coils for the modern Minelab VLFs.  My Nox or Manticore with a Detech 13" Ultimate and a Nel Snake, I'd be so happy.

The demand for the 10x5" Nox must be slowing by now, the others were average sellers at best, the 6000 coils had a good run without NF coils on the market which are slowly trickling out now too which will slow the demand for the Coiltek's a bit.  They should have capacity to make some Manticore coils, the big burst of sales of any coil is right after release.  The original GPX model Coiltek coils will have slowed to a crawl at best, most would just be buying them on the second hand market with an abundance for sale due to people upgrading detector.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2023 at 12:53 PM, Ringtail said:

Anyone know about the M8 & M15 Coils price and availability date? They have been up on the Minelab site for a couple of weeks but no one is advertising them yet.

5F5BDC9D-939E-4F5D-A642-73F5887C0CF8.thumb.jpeg.03051cf46f28d25775a72187abb4918f.jpeg

Well this is just nuts. This thread started in January, and here it is almost April. Unless I’m missing it there is no sign of either of these coils being available yet. Maybe I’m shooting myself in the foot, but this sort of thing is really just putting me off of Minelab in general. I had a chance to buy a Manticore a few weeks ago. Held the box in my hands. But I kept thinking maybe I’d be better off with an Equinox 900 since I have the 6” coil, 5x10 coil, and 12x15 coils already. As a result I just dithered and did nothing. And the longer this goes on, the more I’m thinking I should just learn to love my Deus 2 and forget Minelab entirely. To the point that I’ve passed on super deals also on the GPZ 7000 and GPX 6000. It just does not feel right for me to support with dollars behavior that really bugs me. I wonder if anyone at Minelab knows how disgruntled both their dealer network and many of us long time supporters are over this never ending coil nonsense with their new models, and the difficulty in being able to get the detectors themselves from our favorite dealers. The silence from Minelab, as always, is deafening. Would a news release telling us what the coils will sell for, along with a firm commitment to a delivery time, be that hard for the worlds largest manufacturer of consumer metal detectors?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

Minelab seems to have cornered the market on Metal Detecting Insanity.

We buy a new product from them and expect different results in connection to the availability of coils.  Now the wait for detectors themselves is driving detectorists crazy!

Be patient grasshopper, as they say nothing.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No sign of either of these coils being available yet. Maybe I’m shooting myself in the foot, but this sort of thing is really just putting me off of Minelab in general. I had a chance to buy a Manticore a few weeks ago.

Gosh? How long before Deus come out with their extra coils for the D2?
Not to mention an update, I suffer from iron wrap-around beach hunting would be nice to see if that can be mitigated. ?

• Like 1