M8 & M15 Coils Price And Availability?

Ringtail

1 hour ago, TampaBayBrad said:

'll copy and paste my entry from another forum on this subject....

"so coil in UK is $329 pounds which is $424 US dollars. $1600 US price is 69.2% of converted $2312 UK price for the Manticore. So applying that to the coil....69.2% of $424 is $293.4.

Is $293 (I bet it will be $299) reasonable for the 15" coil?"

I’m looking to get the 8” myself. Iffy Signals posted a video on gold nuggets with it. It appeared to be more sensitive than the other 2.

• Like 2

I'm going to need to start enjoying using the M-Core a whole lot more before any more money is spent. 

• Like 4

I'm buying both as soon as I can get them as I have confidence in the Manticore, I will likely grumble about price regardless as I know they'll charge more for them than the Nox versions just because they can and we get a NZ tax here, well that's what I call it, everything is more expensive to live in such an awesome place but it's really because we are one of the most isolated independent countries in the world with a small population.  🙂

I guess I'll just be like a Legend owner and take the gamble the detector will become what I want it to be, it took them until the current firmware to really get it how most people are happy with it, so Minelab have some time up their sleeves to fix up the Manticore, it's very close to being a great detector, just not quite there yet. 

It seems all new detectors now that have an update feature are released in their beta phase and we the buyers end up being the global testing program and then reports of problems gradually get fixed and make the detectors great and I believe Minelab will get the Manticore where it needs to be, they're close so it's worth the gamble on it.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, phrunt said:

It seems all new detectors now that have an update feature are released in their beta phase and we the buyers end up being the global testing program and then reports of problems gradually get fixed and make the detectors great

That's been the case for most products that have an update feature. It allows companies to push product out before they should, when in the past it really needed to be completed on release. It's not just detectors by a long shot. New software is commonly loaded with bugs on release and first year buyers get to find them. In the gaming industry a whole subculture exists of users that find and issue patches for games after release, doing for free what the publisher themselves should have done. It feeds on itself both with the pressure to release before the other guy, and consumers being trained over time to accept that it is just the way it is. I love the latest concept where lots of updates is actually seen and spun as a positive, with people complaining about things that get few updates because they were done right the first time!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That's been the case for most products that have an update feature. It allows companies to push product out before they should, when in the past it really needed to be completed on release.

They did a doozy of a "we are beta testers" moment with the Vanquish, included rechargeable batteries with the 540 yet hadn't even tried them in it or something as the battery meter was all out of whack so it flicked off as flat when there was plenty of battery left with the NiMH batteries having a lower starting voltage, they were not showing full on the charge meter when full at their 1.2 volts instead of the usual 1.5 volts of AA's and dropping out as flat before they needed too.  Fixed in the only Vanquish firmware update, it really felt like they made a last-minute decision to include the batteries with the 540 model to further justify a higher price yet had never even put any in it or considered the different voltages at all.

For me, a big coil is useless too much iron everywhere...  

5 hours ago, Medina said:

c'mon ML....release a trash hunter coil proper ....4" ROUND. 

thanks in advance (LOL)  Just left the ML site, no mention of dates, prices etc

The nugget guys would probably like a 4".

I think Cabela's will be the first to get them. I go on there and check every so often.

• Like 1

I don't think Cabela's is gonna sell any extra coils for the manticore.  Just search minelab on their site it just brings up detectors and no individual coils.

20 minutes ago, TampaBayBrad said:

The nugget guys would probably like a 4".

I think Cabela's will be the first to get them. I go on there and check every so often.

• Like 1