New Smf Quest V80 And V60 Detectors

Matt4gold

Right now we have so many new detectors and everybody is waiting on the next person to make a buy . Then we all want them to come back here to tell us is it worth the money.

I must say this is another one that’s got lots of tell from the company who makes them but the proof is in the field not in the showroom.

Thanks for posting.

Chuck 

• Like 2

• The title was changed to New Smf Quest V80 And V60 Detectors
On 2/4/2023 at 7:45 PM, Matt4gold said:

Have not personally seen one but am planning on purchasing one when they come to market, already have my name on a list for one with a dealer in the U.S which I also believe will become the go between for Quest and the U.S for after service sales, and repairs

That V80 really intrigues me so I am going to pick one up to try one out, I have read many good things about the Quest detector, but never pulled the trigger on one simply because of the after service being non existent in the U.S, I have a feeling that is going to change but will hold all other comments until it is a for sure thing

again I am going to purchase a V80, which I made a suggestion on the Quest Facebook user group to offer three different packages for the V80 

currently Quest is currently offering two different packages for the V80 and one for the V60

What I suggested to them and as far as I know no other manufacturer does is this offer three different packages for the V80 and two different packages for the V60

V80 current packages are V80 with a 11x10 inch coil and a package with 9x5 and 11x10 coil

V60 current package is V60 with 11x10 coil

personally I would never use the 11x10 coil on either the V80 or the V60 so my suggestion was this

Package A-V80 with both 11x10 and 9x5 coils (they already will be offering this)

Package B-V80 with just the 11x10 coil (they already will be offering this ) package also

this one I suggested Package C-V80 with just the 9x5 coil only

for the V60 I suggested they add a package with just the 9x5 coil only

again if they would do these packages like I suggested to them i truly believe that Quest would up there sales on both of the V60 and V80, and they would start a sale trend that no other detector company offers of course who am I to suggest anything to these companies but just one end user that wants it my way will I not purchase the V80 if they do not do this, I will still make the purchase but will have the 11x10 setting there collecting dust

• Like 2

I agree with you DSmith, smaller coils would be my choice as well.  Wonderful if any after market coils will be offered if the sales really take off?  I'd like a 6" concentric and or a 5x9-10 DD.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Matt4gold said:

I agree with you DSmith, smaller coils would be my choice as well.  Wonderful if any after market coils will be offered if the sales really take off?  I'd like a 6" concentric and or a 5x9-10 DD.  

Agree 100% a 6 inch round would be the only other coil I might want but not a 11 inch, that is just me though because there are those that will want the larger coils for beach detection or wide open fields

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What US dealers are going to sell the Quest V60 and V80 packages? These have gotten my attention. Also, could someone explain to me what is the “ dongle” and couldn’t they find something else to call whatever it is?lol

what is the main difference between V60 and V80?  Thanks 

• Like 1

The Main differences is the V80 runs 80 KHz in Hyper Q (Multi F) both the V80 and the V60 runs the same coils, the V60 is the same as the V80 but only runs up to 60 KHz 

as far as who is going to be selling them in the U.S I have only heard of one so far which is Andy Sabisch whom is also one of the testers of the V80, but I am sure there will be other dealers

HYPERQ: Transmit multi essential frequencies ranging from 7 to 80kHz to the ground, simultaneously.

Higher detection frequency. The HYPERQ platform is able to deliver multiple frequencies, including signals up to 80kHz, simultaneously to find fainter targets deeper with higher precision in difficult conditions. This is possible due to its use of a high-performance micro-controller unit(MCU) with a 480MHz speed Cortex-M7 STM32H750 series, as well as a low latency and low noise 4 channel 768kHz sampling rate ADC5140 from Texas Instruments.

Higher processing speed. The V80 machine is able to generate and transmit frequencies of 5, 10, 15, 20, 40, and 60, thanks to its powerful MCU and analog-to-digital converter (ADC) unit. Additionally, this combination allows for the processing of multiple targets simultaneously and quickly reporting the most valuable results.

Auto noise canceling. The high-speed processing capability enables us to run high-accuracy automatic noise cancellation with just one click.  It will select the quietest channel for the upcoming detection in just 10 seconds.

SPECIFICATIONS

V80 Bundle
V80
V60
Weight
1140~1266g (2.4~2.8LB)
1140~1266g (2.4~2.8LB)
1160~1360(2.5~3LB)
Display
2.7" B/W 400x240Pixel LCD
Telescopic rod*
Carbon Fiber Round
Carbon Fiber Round
Aluminum Round
Coil*
11x10" plus 9x5" Blizzard
11x10" Blizzard
11x10" Blizzard
Speaker
Detachable
Detachable
Detachable
Gyro sensor
Yes
Yes
Yes
Battery
5600mAh
5600mAh
5600mAh
Wireless headphones*
WireFree Pro Bluetooth
WireFree Pro Bluetooth
WireFree Vibe Bluetooth
Receiver Dongle*
Included
Included
Optional
Headphones adaptor
Included
Included
Included
Haptic Feedback Vibrator
Low latency vibrator
Low latency vibrator
Low latency vibrator
Frequency*
5 10 15 20 40 60 HYPERQ
5 10 15 20 40 60 HYPERQ
5 10 15 20 40 HYPERQ
Saltwater performane
Great
Great
Great
Programs*
5+ 20(personal setting) Park Field Beach Gold Cache(deep)
5+ 20(personal setting) Park Field Beach Gold Cache(deep)
4+ 9 Park Field Saltwater Gold
Iron Volume*
9 Levels
9 Levels
5 Levels
Tones*
2 3 5 99
2 3 5 99
2 3 5
Noise canceling
10 second auto
10 second auto
10 second auto
Ground balance
Auto track + Manual pump+ Keyboard setting
Auto track + Manual pump+ Keyboard setting
Auto Track + manual pumping
Gold mode
Special Gold Theme
Special Gold Theme
Special Gold Theme
Recover Speed*
1 ~ 9
1 ~ 9
1 ~5

• Like 1

just noticed this the Ground balance on the V80 can be adjusted in the settings which in my mind would mean you could adjust the GB to a more positive or more negative setting which if I am reading the specs correctly the V60 does not have the ability included to adjust the GB more positive or more negative so there is a few differences in the two.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, relicmeister said:

What US dealers are going to sell the Quest V60 and V80 packages? These have gotten my attention. Also, could someone explain to me what is the “ dongle” and couldn’t they find something else to call whatever it is?lol

what is the main difference between V60 and V80?  Thanks 

Read my two last replies it is pertaining to your question