A Video Explaining The Garrett Focused Core DD Coils

phrunt

I forgot the ATX used a similar design as I've paid next to no attention to the ATX, it's good they've given a name to the design as it appears to be Garrett exclusive, never seen a coil like that on any other detector, with the hundreds of GPX coils available nobody seems to have copied the design and used it on anything else. 

• Like 2

Steve, your posts were absorbed before the $s were laid down, in particular my ears pricked on your use of the DDS, monos were preferred on PIs for a lot of us as you mentioned. More to follow once I`ve got my Axiom wings.

• Like 2

That explains why the Axiom I was having a go with the other day wanted absolutely nothing to do with the .5g nugget we’d found on the nose or tail of the coil. It was the same in the scoop aswell as in the ground. Not ideal having it use the centre of the coil to reduce a scoop of dirt.

1 hour ago, Sheppo said:

That explains why the Axiom I was having a go with the other day wanted absolutely nothing to do with the .5g nugget we’d found on the nose or tail of the coil. It was the same in the scoop as well as in the ground. Not ideal having it use the centre of the coil to reduce a scoop of dirt.

I flip the detector or the coil itself to use the scoop on the bottom of the DD coil chasing the smaller bits. If you want edge sensitivity go with the mono coil.

See this video starting at the 1:40 mark

axiom.jpg

• Like 3

Concentric coil users are already familiar with this style of recoveries, especially on tiny targets, I flip my detector upside down too.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

Concentric coil users are already familiar with this style of recoveries, especially on tiny targets, I flip my detector upside down too.

I do it enough I’m going to put a strip across the top to make it a little less tippy when it rests on top of the pod.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, phrunt said:

Axiom Focused Core (FC) DD Coils
This video compares traditional DD and Mono prospecting search coils against the ultra-hot detection of Axiom Focused Core (FC) DD coils.

Engineered with a centralized focused core, each Axiom DD search coil exceeds mono coil performance on small gold nuggets. "

It would be nice to have some more added edge sensitivity like the flattened bundle wound mono's. 

Concentric coils always have the better small target sensitivity over mono's but never handled the ground effects as good as the DD coils. So, I like the idea of having a DD coil that can better handle the more mineralized ground effects while working in non smoothing timings, but also having the sensitivity like that of a inner part of a concentric type coil.