Spare Lower Rod / Shaft Assemblies

Out of the travel of my MX Sport  I got two of the lower and upper shaft. Now I have the coil wire run straight up the lower shaft that has the coil on it and locked in place with the clips. I leave a half moon loop coming off the coil so it has movement. On the top shaft I wrap the coil wire around it. I do the same on all my detectors in this way. By having both you can unlock the nut and pushing in the pins the whole shaft comes free. Well that's true if you remembered to disconnect the coil from the detector first. 

Chuck

I have extra lower rods for nearly all my extra coils. I have only gone so far as an extra middle shaft section on a couple however. On many detectors it is a more difficult part to find, and often prohibitively expensive. Sometimes on machines like the CTX even just a lower rod can really set you back a few bucks. Sure does make swapping coils easier.

On most I don't have the top shaft and the lower is never cheap. On this I just didn't look a gift horse in the mouth but I did say thank you.

Swing low and slow

Chuck 

Chuck, lower shaft for Makro Racer is only $16. :D  Thank you Makro.

Minelab CTX 3030 lower shaft $175. Wowsa!