Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Garrett Axiom Vs Minelab 6000

I'm just trying to generate some updated feedback.  It would include field use by purchasers and point out the pluses and minuses I would hope.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Steve summed it up nicely. You should have your answer, Mitchel.

GC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dig4gold said:

Yes. One of each.. ?

D4G

You are right, best way to compare them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would say it depends on your needs, which is better in hot rocks for example.

The Axiom also doesn't have any aftermarket coils on the market yet to determine if they provide anything to it like the aftermarket coils for the 6000 have.  With time that will change.

There is always the fact you might need the Axiom while you're waiting for your 6000 or it's coil at the service agent every few months..  ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, phrunt said:

The Axiom also doesn't have any aftermarket coils on the market yet to determine if they provide anything to it like the aftermarket coils for the 6000 have.  With time that will change.

I'm sure this has been asked before...will the older GPX series coils work on an Axiom???   

Different connection perhaps?  If the connection was changed would they work?  Has anyone tried?  

EDIT: an afterthought.  Are the coil ears/end of the Axiom shaft too different?  Could make an adapter?  

2 minutes ago, Northeast said:

I'm sure this has been asked before...will the older GPX series coils work on an Axiom???   

Different connection perhaps?  If the connection was changed would they work?  Has anyone tried?  

EDIT: an afterthought.  Are the coil ears/end of the Axiom shaft too different?  Could make an adapter?  

I've been told GPX coils won't work unfortunately, it's not to do with the plug end.

• Like 1