Help Requested In Identifying Arrowhead

If one of our relic experts out there can provide any information on this arrowhead, I'd very much appreciate it.  It was found in Tennessee along the Caney Fork River near Buffalo Valley which is about 60 miles east of Nashville.   It's 2 inches long and 1.25 inches wide.   Thank you....

TNArrowhead.JPG.4d92194314efd7c06af6dbfd1e91e822.JPG

And FWIW, I've found arrowheads and spear points in Utah that ID as coming from some pretty far away places.  Great lakes, South America, etc.  There were trade routes going way, way back in time.

- Dave

3 hours ago, ColonelDan said:

If one of our relic experts out there can provide any information on this arrowhead, I'd very much appreciate it.  It was found in Tennessee along the Caney Fork River near Buffalo Valley which is about 60 miles east of Nashville.   It's 2 inches long and 1.25 inches wide.   Thank you....

TNArrowhead.JPG.4d92194314efd7c06af6dbfd1e91e822.JPG

One of the most knowledgeable people out there in my opinion is a fellow by the name of Pete Schichtel.He is a columnist for American Digger Magazine and can be found on Facebook as well. Pete Schichtel Treasure Hunting Finds Facebook.com send him that photo  and I'm sure that he can tell you everything about it.Nice Artifact by the way.             

Here's a link to a "listing" of arrowheads/projectile points from Tennessee.

http://projectilepoints.net/Search/ASearch_Tennessee.html

Also a link to their main page, links to the right can help with terminology, time periods, etc. lots of info if you're into researching this topic.

http://projectilepoints.net/

Just keep in mind that arrowheads have been around for 1000s of years so any point could be 100's years old to 1000's of years old.

4 hours ago, UT Dave said:

And FWIW, I've found arrowheads and spear points in Utah that ID as coming from some pretty far away places.  Great lakes, South America, etc.  There were trade routes going way, way back in time.

- Dave

Very true but not as well known as it should be. The woodland Indians of East Texas had a very valuable commodity, Salt.  This was traded for things they did not have locally like knapping stone.  I have a beautiful arrow point made of Black Obsidian that I found on our farm when I was a teenager. Far West Texas is the closest place where this volcanic glass occurs, about 800 miles from here with a lot of not much for half of the distance even today.

A friend of the family is full Chickasaw Indian and I have seen that same arrow head hanging on his wall in TN.

He lives about 30 miles east of Memphis out in the country. He also makes all his leather goods himself and teaches his kids and friends how to handle leather.

Good luck on your search for more info on your arrow head.

Thanks to all for your input.  I’m a self proclaimed novice when it comes to arrowheads.  Not many are found on Florida’s east coast tourist beaches where I always hunt. 
My daughter now lives in the area where this one was found so I better educate myself on arrowhead ID!  😉