Brexit - Gold Up 5%!!

Yes, tis what I felt good satire, gave me a good laugh but to you folks over in the old home land is a serious subject, just my warped sense of humour. I hope all the alarmist news is over done and things settle down.

Our press are having a field day, with heaps of negative comments but amongst all of that was this gem.

Brexit explained with food.

Brexit.JPG

It may appear all doom and gloom and of course it will be a rocky road ahead for us and other as well,but what folks tend too forget is when we 1st had a vote about joining the EEC as it was then back in the early 70s it was mainly about free trading across European borders and making it so much easier.At the time is was a very good idea and yes i put my hand up and voted like the majority to go into the EEC.

But what has evolved or developed is that we have gradually lost alot of our sovereignty and over the decades folks who have not been elected by us ie  Brussels leaders have been dictating too us what we can or cannot do,infact in the future we would have gradually lost our governing parliament 'which' we the people did elect.And we are not prepared too loose our identity,us Brits can be stubborn,so this is the main reason and the last reason why we grabbed it and left,before we became a directorial state answering too Brussels and non elected leaders.

Of course this is just my opinion,but we have governed our own  future for 1000s of years and once the dust settles down we will be back just as strong as we have ever been before,and yes this time i voted 'out' like the majority of folks did.

Yes I follow you here, as a observer in OZ, felt Britain was losing its identity (I am born in OZ but of British blood) by being part of EU. It will be something I watch as time goes and of particular interest whether the gold price drops much as the "newness" wears off. It could be said we live in interesting times but that is so of all times. In OZ with your leave vote news,we are having a resurgence of the Republican movement, but what is of real importance to this "vegemite" is we continue to have "The Battle of the Ashes", may that continue forever.