Minelabs X-Terra Pro.... Anyone Enjoying Theirs?

On 6/10/2023 at 11:36 PM, Airtemisa said:

@StarVatrex , you're on fire. That ring is awesome,  very pretty,  and with a big story behind. You live in a blessed place, Mediterranean sea is blessed

I live close to the beach and at the tip of a cape. If I don't have air on one side, I have it on the other...

If you really want to get Gold, it is the first thing you must learn, winds and tides...

You can already have the detector that you want, but you dominate when the beach washes the sand; you won't be deep enough.

And Gold is buried as it falls.

You can get more Gold in one night than in a whole month without knowing where to look.

Location is vital...

Finally, it's 14k Rose Gold (585) and weighed 2.58 grams.

IMG_20230612_082537.jpg

X pro EDGE EFFECTS

Just got a new X pro and bit on it due ti the 12x9 inch coil. so far ok but notice in lower sensitivity setting the  toe or rear of coil showing edge efects and give a much lower tone until you have the center of coil directly over the target. OK BUT in trashy areas this unit pinging like a Chinese   slot machine. 

I replaced the coil with a coiltek 9x6 off my  nox and it did much better with the edge effects and smaller coil has more wiggle room and sure the 6 inch would be even better & have a cleaner tone to lock in without all slowing down and weed your way to locate that sweet targets.  Maybe more time in the field with the X I will overcome and just ignore those fringe signal and targets center is requiring being more precision. 

Best in Hunting

AC

6 hours ago, tucannon said:

X pro EDGE EFFECTS

... OK BUT in trashy areas this unit pinging like a Chinese   slot machine. 

I replaced the coil with a coiltek 9x6 off my  nox and it did much better...

Best in Hunting

AC

Congratulations on your new X pro, you'll see how you'll like it.

In trashy areas it's difficult to make an SF work properly and even less with that "huge" elliptical coil that it brings inherited from the Vanquish series. Let's be realistic.

On the beach, the effect is quite the opposite and the depth is excellent.

Being the most sensitive part where you see the ring in the photo. I like that target proximity effect with rising audio. It allows a precise and fast location.

Getting an ID as stable as with the compressed scale above I think is going to be difficult...

In my case, and for the search for gold on the beach; it is a success. Just moving the pulltabs towards 31 is a breather. I ended up sick and a little tired of digging 11-13 in the Nox.

It improves somewhat with the original 11' coil and in my case with the 15' Coiltek. Keep in mind that those coils cost pretty much the same as the X pro.

I would like to try the 10x7 from the Vanquish series, will it work?...

IMG_20230610_062757.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The audio from this detector is incredible!!.

One of the most hateful things are false signals. And more if you are diving.

All the detectors I have had (including the Nox 800) distort more or less, but those weak signals simply disappear. With the X Terra Pro that problem is over. If it sounds, there is something under the coil, yes or yes.

That ancient coin was deep, very, very deep. There was no target ID but it sounded weak down there.

With the chains, or pieces of them, the same. Weak sound but there they are.

I think we're going to have a good summer this year.

And  likes Gold!...

IMG_20230705_082619.jpg

IMG_20230705_082642.jpg

Nice finds. I'm surprised a single frequency detector gets false signals. That's been a problem with Minelab since the Equinox in my opinion.

Last night I went out for a drive with my old Nox 800. It had been in the garage for about three months...

It's like meeting an old girlfriend with whom you spent many harass. And where there was fire...

I feel it as part of me. It takes its time to turn on and there it was:

BEACH 2, 2 Tones...

That photo is from December 15, 2019. I was wading in the middle of winter and suddenly a 50 cm. step throughout the coastline. Strong waves and few forces. It was 20 minutes of glory!

All the targets online, the Nox did not stop ringing. It was our first time. We had been together for a year and a half and I still remember it. We had grown up together...

How important it is to know and understand your detector well.

It took me about 600 hours. With the XT Pro about 200h. have been enough...

A great machine.

IMG-20230706-WA0000.jpg

I am going out tomorrow morning for the low tide but I will use my 900 to make sure I get the best in water capability. 

The Terra next time.

• The title was changed to Minelabs X-Terra Pro.... Anyone Enjoying Theirs?

Just wonder: if you filter out all the 'extras' like the form factor, water resistance, vibrations, flashlights, etc., and do not go to deeply into SF vs. MF peculiarities - just focus on how practically helpful the low-cost machine is in finding nice things on the beach (and perhaps elsewhere too) - would you choose X Terra over say the Vanquish?