High Montana Gold

Well, two of my claim partners and I headed up to obe if our claims to see how close  we could get to it with the UTV's. We made it all the way in to it. We had to hike about a quarter mile of the last stretch as we always have to but we made it. Still a lot of snow in our dig area but the four of us made it work. I picked up in the spot I stopped last fall and since I could start at the face of the bank, I decided to move rocks on the surface and cut and dig straight down through the grass. I worked my way towards the bedrock and my hard work was rewarded with five nuggets. My hole was about four feet by three feet and right around three feet deep. It is very hard to see the accurate depth in the pictures. It was very muddy at first but then I broke through the wet layer and it became a little dryer. Three pieces of iron and five nuggets. Not bad. The first nugget weighed 1.39 g and all total 2.35 g. Not a bad day as this gold is selling for $100 a gram. Video will be coming very soon. 

IMG_20230507_171829753.jpg

IMG_20230507_171527984~2.jpg

IMG_20230507_152758631_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230507_152721108_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230507_152738806_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230507_152708713_HDR.jpg

Nice work !!!

That's a lot of hard work and I am glad that it has paid off for you.

Good luck and hope to see some more of it real soon.

Stay safe out there.

Only detecting. No water near our claim. 

Hey Reese,

Great to see you are back home, away from this Arizona heat .... LOL  A few guys purchased GPX 6000 and were hoping to see you in Gold Basin, but I told them I thought you bailed out for the season.  

Believe it or not, you got me fired up a few months back to get back out with the GPX 6000, so I did.  I rounded up 197 nuggets in 5 trips, will post some pictures, but wanted to make sure I cleaned the spot up first 🙂

Wishing you much success in Montana this season.  God Bless,

Rob

2 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Hey Reese,

Great to see you are back home, away from this Arizona heat .... LOL  A few guys purchased GPX 6000 and were hoping to see you in Gold Basin, but I told them I thought you bailed out for the season.  

Believe it or not, you got me fired up a few months back to get back out with the GPX 6000, so I did.  I rounded up 197 nuggets in 5 trips, will post some pictures, but wanted to make sure I cleaned the spot up first 🙂

Wishing you much success in Montana this season.  God Bless,

Rob

What coil(s) were you using?