Week Long Hunt Day 6

F350Platinum

Didn't get much yesterday so I didn't have high hopes for today. Beautiful day, sunny, breezy and not too hot. Wind out of the southeast kept the pollution down.20230610_090815.thumb.jpg.e8985896839dfa42e798a9d7cb5be55c.jpg

Went to the canal area this morning and used the WS6 with the 9" coil. Found a few coins here and most of my trash, along with the 2 Zincolns I got today.

Next place I went was a small field at the very top end of the campground, a place I got about 60 coins last year. I wasn't expecting to find much but I was wrong.20230610_122354.thumb.jpg.52f65e7a4776c66fd7456b588941753b.jpg

In just a small area about the size of a crowded city yard, not even a 10th of an acre (not this whole field), the coins just kept coming. Found one right after I dug the previous one. I was only here for a couple hours using the D2 and 13" coil.20230610_173615.thumb.jpg.2233be429808b776536f9f01d686225b.jpg

Ended up with 46 coins today, way more than I thought I would find. I got about 60 in this spot last year using the D2 when it was new, guess I really didn't have a handle on it. 🤣 I dug almost no trash at all here, two blobs of molten aluminum and a small aluminum strap. Got 2 1965 quarters 😏 Everything was from the 1960s to present.

Here's what I got for trash elsewhere, only a couple pieces from the last spot.20230610_173601.thumb.jpg.e6c4bccfa043d1ace23cec8266f3a4af.jpg

None of the above is iron. I was notching to 40 with the WS6, but not with the D2. I didn't see any difference between the 13" and the 9" really other than weight, both performed equally well.

I'm kinda baffled that I'm not finding any silver coins here at all, I think I got one Mercury dime two years ago. Perhaps it was cherry picked, but everywhere? And with so many other coins? Also odd that I didn't get any nickels today, didn't see any 61/62 IDs. 🤔 

Edit: used The Devil's Tongue Park Probe again quite a bit today, dug this quarter out from between two roots. 🙂20230610_123431.thumb.jpg.affc3f7d006a01b735b994a9e5b87b41.jpg

21 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

You've been a busy boy!!!😁

Yes Sir,

I get out in the morning and sometimes in the evening. Love it when I hit a hot spot, thought I'd word this area out, I looked back and I dug about 56 coins out of this spot last year.

I have a much better understanding of the Deus 2 than I did last year, and it's working much better. Some of these coins were on edge but it hit them just the same. I could tell when they were on edge, I got a signal and turned, it would disappear or change a bit. If flat it was consistent.

Many of the coins were still in the hole or deeper. My Predator Barracuda has a 6" blade, I don't bring the Ranger because it looks intimidating. 😀20220625_141127.thumb.jpg.a16bf62b834bb2ced8995c1d00354e26.jpg

Here's a photo of the recap of last year after I tumbled all the coins. In it is a 1907 Jamestown Exposition medal I dug here. Also pictured is a live Remington 35 round, one of 5 I found next to a fire pit. 😳

Another great haul, F350, well done again!

It is odd there's no silver in there. I'm finding that here alot too. It seems as if everywhere is cherry picked these days, but like you mentioned, why did they not pull all of the dimes and quarters? Weird, but maybe there's still some silvers hiding out there, and of course you have to keep looking to find them, so it's just a matter of time. 😏

Well Cap'n I'm not gonna worry too much I guess, at least I'm finding stuff every day. It's going to rain tomorrow, might be severe, we're leaving Tuesday. Kinda can't wait to hit the beaches back home now it's heating up and the kids are out of school. Wish I could get a water day in here but that probably won't happen. 😵 Next year maybe.

11 minutes ago, Lodge Scent said:

Good work there F350. Though my knees are sore from just looking at all those coins you dug.

Thanks LC.

While relic hunting and on some pebbly beaches I use a knee pad, trashed my kneecaps playing in bands doing lots of flashy endings. 😀 Only wear it on my right knee, for some reason I don't like using 2.