Week Long Hunt Day 7

F350Platinum

ย 

32 minutes ago, UKD2User said:

Looks like part (chanter/drone) of an old bagpipe?

It may well be a spinoff design from Scots who emigrated here. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am part Scot, and despite my family living here since such immigration, bagpipes are one of my favorite instrument sounds. ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ณ๓ ฃ๓ ด๓ ฟ

I had never seen (or heard of) a Duck call until I moved from the North to the South and made a friend who made them. He was very proud of his work, he used exotic wood and tuned them for different Ducks.

This campground was a hunting camp with a lodge for over 100 years, they destroyed the lodge and farmhouse just a few years ago. The main reason they let me hunt this campground with impunity is because I dig up the live ammunition scattered everywhere. I also don't leave a trace, although I'll be blamed for holes turtles dig to lay eggs. ๐Ÿง

I love coming here because of the diverse detecting opportunities from relics to park hunting to the possibility of water hunting, someday I'll get the opportunity to do that here when the tides are just right. They tell me wind has to come from the North for a few days to make it shallow enough to not be neck deep. ๐Ÿ˜€ The Currituck Sound has a nice sandy bottom, but you can't scoop if you go up when your scoop is pressed down. There is no beach here, only a seawall with piers.20230611_113738.thumb.jpg.a90af7a5b974ba2f60ed5b820ba06cce.jpg

• Like 4

Wow, thats a great end to the week, F350, well done again!

That's certainly a beautiful place to hang and hunt and I'm glad the weather cooperated with your vacation as well. Great stories and hunts and a welcomed distraction from my "duck weather". Thank you for posting your adventures!ย ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Thanks 1