What Is This?

48 minutes ago, IdahoPeg said:

It appears that only the horizontal narrow tube allows airflow, and it’s only about 1/16 inch wide.

That sounds significant.  To have a constricted 1/16" hole likely means the hole diameter is important.  I think that argues for some kind of gas passage, possibly a flammable gas.  Your lamp idea is gaining legitimacy.

Looks like an old gas lamp pipe to me.

Hope to find a picture of one for you to see.

Great find and it should be brass.

Am I seeing a head on whatever it is?

If you rotate it where the large opening is straight out to the right the other part of it looks like a bird’s head. The recessed area on the side I see it’s eye 👁 . Being it gets smaller beyond the eye has to be it’s beak.

Chuck 

PS  It may not be a birds head but it is some kind of creature  . Will you please post a picture looking head on to it.

I do believe I’m looking at its eye on the side.

Looks like there is text around the rim on one end. Might be able to look that up.

Hoff is of german, danish, dutch origin.  Maybe clean up the lettering and see if you can make out any more.

The angles of the two pipe facings is interesting and trying to visualize how this item would be integrated either solely or with multiple ones.

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

If you rotate it where the large opening is straight out to the right the other part of it looks like a bird’s head. The recessed area on the side I see it’s eye 👁 . Being it gets smaller beyond the eye has to be it’s beak.

Chuck 

PS  It may not be a birds head but it is some kind of creature  . Will you please post a picture looking head on to it.

Now I get why you know so much about pipes Chuckles! 😎 HA HA just kidding.✌️

On 7/10/2023 at 12:35 PM, Ridge Runner said:

it still could be a pipe because some was made with a screw in bowl. Just do a search for a screw in bowl for pipes and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Chuck 

I agree ....I think it's a pipe. Really cool find

On 7/10/2023 at 12:18 PM, JCR said:

Is it made of Brass?

Not sure…rings up 21, mostly 22 on equinox

Update: scratched a bit of the inside, think it’s pewter

On 7/11/2023 at 7:15 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Chuck 

After cleaning & looking closer, check out the teeth…maybe a sea serpent or dragon?824D6FE5-832C-4B2A-B8BA-35FFE190F391.thumb.jpeg.5d62b64366da7dc471a7db10307dd591.jpeg8CD4924C-63C8-4D59-833D-54819E0B3A69.thumb.jpeg.9baa4e4677627bc20229ada0b5556661.jpeg