New Minelab Pro-find 40's Vs XP Mi6

9 hours ago, Calarms said:

Minelab PRO-FIND 40 Pinpointer 

.                VS.                                                             MI 6

MI6 vs ML pro find 40 I prefer the ML  PRO-FIND 40 because of the iron disc , which is a great plus in the field for me , despite the 9V battery ... 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, palzynski said:

MI6 vs ML pro find 40 I prefer the ML  PRO-FIND 40 because of the iron disc , which is a great plus in the field for me , despite the 9V battery ... 🙂

Can you get a Sphinx 03 France? deeper discrimination and no 9v battery.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, phrunt said:

Can you get a Sphinx 03 France? deeper discrimination and no 9v battery.

At the moment I have a Quest Xpointer Max : iron disc and lithium battery , it is an excellent pinpointer,  no need to change for a new one .. Or perhaps for the new version when available

Apart from this the Sphinx03 is not available in France , at least not available at the main French detector dealer( Maison de la detection - Paris  ) :  Pinpointer - La sélection des meilleurs Pinpointers de détection (maisondeladetection.com)

• Like 1

On 8/3/2023 at 4:12 AM, palzynski said:

Interesting but I wonder why ML still use 9V outdated batteries instead of integrated Iithium batteries which are rechargeable and much more reliable ... !?

I'm guessing it's because Minelab was more interested in finding a way to selling more products than actually developing a new/revolutionary pinpointer. 

I thought the Pro-Find 35 was pretty decent, so as long as there are some solid tweaks, I think the Pro-Find 40 will be a good product.

What the Equinox 900 was to the 800, the Pro-Find 40 is to the Pro-Find 35. That's my prediction, at least.

• Like 3

For what i do the 35 is pretty good. And the discrimination came in handy at the county fair when my wife lost an earring getting out of the truck.  I came back later and found it among bits of iron tie wire in the grass.  What i don't like is having to look at it to get hand orientation right plus it just seems big.

• Like 1