D2 V2.0 Software Update Available...

UKD2User

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Bob - When you get a chance, confirm whether magnetic reject is affected on the remote so I can post a comprehensive bug/issues list for Update 2.0 in the pinned thread on consolidated D2 update issues.  Thanks!

Too hot to get out there today, but I'll hit my tiny test beach tomorrow and post results in your thread.

It concerns me because it was literally the difference between silver/no silver on the big beach recently but that might be a coincidence. 🤔 20230831_170809.thumb.jpg.fb3ae6f93e065a717c950bced19fb6b7.jpg20230831_170838.thumb.jpg.d63473532844502edef37f1ddead23ae.jpg

On the WS6 it was quiet in V1.1, but for small "pips" presumably from my cell phone searching for a signal. In V2 it's a very goblin like howl, perfect for Halloween 🎃, interspersed with "26" IDs. In Beach Sensitive particularly, pinpointer did not work on either version. We now have 3 corroborating instances of that.

I would have thought a bug fix update like this would have been tested for months, seeing it's been a very long time between updates how would such a glaringly obvious bug be there with the pinpoint.  I would guess the group of people testing the update just not use basic functionally of the detector in the testing? This is all so weird.  Once in the publics hands the bugs show their faces almost immediately.   When testing software, the idea is you test every function, scroll through the menus and try out everything to ensure it's working before release, just basic testing and it was missed.

Just when I started to be swayed into buying a Deus 2 this pops up and drops a lot of confidence. 

I also wonder how the increased gold sensitivity will work when the nuggets are in the ground, so far air test results have improved but increasing the sensitivity of the detector may yet cause in ground performance to decrease.  

I'll continue to sit on the sidelines and see how it all pans out before jumping onboard, doesn't give much confidence when the pinpoint bug has existed since early versions but now has got even worse with an update.

I look forward to hearing how the gold mode improvements play out in the real world.

I will hypothesize that the main reason for the V2.0 update was to provide the Remote with a program and compatibility with the Xtreme Hunter and they used that as a chance to bundle in the fix for the Goldfield program.

I just tested mine and can confirm that all factory and custom programs on the Remote work normally with the pinpoint function. Also Magnetic Accept and Reject seem to function normally, although I'm not on a salt water beach to try that out properly.

I will hook up my WS6 Master setup and test it shortly.  

Just tested my WS6 Master setup with V2.0 and can confirm that the Pinpoint mode does not work in Subtractive Programs: 1-General, 9-Relic, 10-Diving, 11-Beach, & 12-Beach Sens. The button push shows the Pinpoint screen, but there is no visual indicator change or sound when a target is moved near the coil.

Pairing of all headphones, coils, and MI-6 works in all programs and the MI-6 works in all programs.

I'm not near any salt water beaches so I cannot properly test Magnetic Accept/Reject, although it did make a backround noise difference on the Remote in the Beach, Beach Sens, and Dive programs , but does not appear to make any difference in those programs on the WS6 in V2.0. I never used those programs with the WS6 in V1.1, so I don't know if the reported issues were pre-existing, except what F350 reported.

CPT - Thanks for the report on the remote.  Let's see what Bob comes up with when he gets a chance to test the magnetic reject on his beach.  Simon - I agree the WS6 pinpoint bugs are egregious but with a common thread of conductive soil subtraction, they obviously botched a specific subroutine associated with pinpoint.  As far as I'm concerned, if the bugs are limited to the WS6 Master mode, then it doesn't prevent me from utilizing the benefits from the update because I don't even use the WS6 puck at all (in Master or Slave Audio mode).  On the other hand, since the bugs are so obvious, its likely that a new update will follow relatively quickly.  So I'll hold off for now until the WS6 is patched so I don't have to enter my custom programs twice.  

In V1.1 with RC I had some other strange pinpoint experiences, but I don't remember the program I've used - probably beach sens or sensitive. It would only sound off with the target beeing at the coils edge - not center. Very strange.. later on it worked as expected.

How ever, I don't use the pinpoint function very often for two resons:
Even with the 11" coil I can center the target 98% of the time. It definitely seems more difficult with the Nox.
Second - speaking for the RC - the pinpoint button is not placed very ergomically for my hands. It's too far down, so I have to bend my thumb a good bit. It's also awkward, that you have to press a different button to leave pinpoint mode, if you are used to minelab.

Updated to V2 the day before yesterday. On a 2x 2h hunts on the dry sand, I didn't have to use the pinpoint mode a single time. Didn't notice any differences in beach sense. EMI on my main beach is still terrible 😅🙄😬

On 9/13/2023 at 12:18 AM, Chase Goldman said:

CPT - Thanks for the report on the remote.  Let's see what Bob comes up with when he gets a chance to test the magnetic reject on his beach.  Simon - I agree the WS6 pinpoint bugs are egregious but with a common thread of conductive soil subtraction, they obviously botched a specific subroutine associated with pinpoint.  As far as I'm concerned, if the bugs are limited to the WS6 Master mode, then it doesn't prevent me from utilizing the benefits from the update because I don't even use the WS6 puck at all (in Master or Slave Audio mode).  On the other hand, since the bugs are so obvious, its likely that a new update will follow relatively quickly.  So I'll hold off for now until the WS6 is patched so I don't have to enter my custom programs twice.  

Hi all,

A new firmware for WS6 only is already available on the web updater to correct the pinpoint with soil substraction programs (just select the same version 2.00 and you'll see the little changelog)

Have a good day :)

1 minute ago, slyworld said:

Hi all,

A new firmware for WS6 only is already available on the web updater to correct the pinpoint with soil substraction programs (just select the same version 2.00 and you'll see the little changelog)

Have a good day 🙂

Thanks for the heads up Slyworld, appreciate you dropping in. 👍 

Most people are reluctant enough to update, let alone go through a second process.

So we can just update the WS6 and do not need to update headphones and other things?

12 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks for the heads up Slyworld, appreciate you dropping in. 👍 

Most people are reluctant enough to update, let alone go through a second process.

So we can just update the WS6 and do not need to update headphones and other things?

Of Course ! that's why I said : WS6 only 😉 the 2 other firmware (RC and WSA2) haven't changed !