New Products Nokta

Luis

On 9/14/2023 at 2:19 PM, George1971 said:

Does anybody know the frequencies in multi-mode that score uses?

On 9/14/2023 at 3:14 PM, Nuke em said:

You won't get that info from Nokta.

It’s also not very relevant information without the context of how the waveform is generated, and the real secret sauce; i.e., how the target signal is processed, including frequency weighting factors. None of the major manufacturers who design today’s generation of SMF detectors (Minelab, XP, Garrett, Nokta, Quest, etc.) divulge much of this information publicly so you have to take them at face value and infer the optimal usage of the various SMF modes based on their high level general user guide descriptions of frequency weighting and tidbits like covered frequency range (Minelab, Nokta, Quest) or maximum SMF frequency utilized (XP).  The other problem with focusing on the specific SMF frequencies (if they are even provided) is that marketing often results in misleading/confusing claims like when ML confused buyers by conflating Multi-IQ information with the detector’s multiple selectable single frequency settings in marketing graphics or when noise cancelling channel designations made people erroneously think that ML’s FBS2 detectors used 27 different frequencies and perpetuated the erroneous concept that more frequencies are better in SMF.  They had to subsequently refute this concept in a subsequent Treasure Talk article on Multi-IQ to keep people from thinking that Multi-IQ was a step back from FBS2, when it was simply just a completely different approach than FBS2.

The fact that Whites and Fisher (CZ) used two or three simultaneous frequencies back in the day was more relevant then when the target signal processing component was less sophisticated and, in the case of Whites, when you could individually select the target frequency of interest and manually integrate the result.

IMO, users should just assume the FMF profiles are consistent with detecting the intended target objectives based on the mode setting descriptions - e.g., high weighted frequency profiles for gold and micro jewelry, low weighted frequency profiles for high conductors, and something in between for relics (wide range of conductivities) and beach detecting (salt stability) rather than getting wrapped up in the minutiae of what and how many frequencies are being transmitted and other arcane FMF details, and instead pay attention to real-world results from people they trust or their own hands-on experiences.

As far as these new Nokta offerings are concerned (provided the pricing is reasonable), they really hit the mark in terms of ease of use, versatility, and value in the niche between the ML Xterra Pro and the Equinox 600/700 and logically bridges the gap in Nokta’s lineup between Simplex and Legend.  They are what I thought the Vanquish should have been (or what ML should have tweaked XTerra Pro to be to logically replace Vanquish).  Looks like Nokta is not backing off from taking on ML directly despite ML’s pending litigation.

Good to see as this is only good news for the metal detecting hobbiest…competition and choice at the value end of the detector spectrum 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nokta has sure changed the detecting landscape for the better in a very short time quite dramatically.  

Some of the earlier leading brands are now largely forgotten by most or collapsed and Nokta has come out swinging and up there with the best.  I remember when the Nox hit the shelves many of us including myself though it was the pinnacle, it can't be beaten and they have reached peak VLF.  Now we can pick between 3 brands including Nokta have have either equalled or beaten it in many ways, not just build quality either.... performance which is "everything".

I wonder if the Score models will be available in the US, they may just take the easier route and avoid the US market for some models.

Anyone here manage to place an order for the new Beta Accupoint?..

Im going to have to wait, I certainly Tried but kept getting knocked off the site.

NDA.. Thats Right, I know how this stuff goes. Not sure what I was thinking LOL… I suppose that I can wait to hear about it after testing, like Everyone else.. I tried pretty hard with that refresh on the site this morning, but it just wasn’t loading properly regardless of device, so I missed out...  I put off grabbing a pinpointer this season just in case I managed to get one. Suppose that I can stick with my Pulse Dive(W/Pointer attachment) for another few months. It’s solid and I really dig it, just wanted something a bit smaller.  Pretty stoked To those that MIGHT have gotten one, certainly seems well equipped functionally and, IMO… It looks pretty cool!..

Rad🤙🏻

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder how long before they offer better coil options with initial purchase. When I think of 13" coil size I think of it as an add on potential need option rather than as a standard. I am not sure I would ever have a use for a 13" coil enough to justify buying one. 

14 hours ago, Hombre91 said:

I wonder how long before they offer better coil options with initial purchase

Those larger coils seem to be standard issue with entry level detectors, from what I'm seeing:

Garrett Ace: 11x8.5
Minelab Vanquish and X-Terra Pro: 12x9

The Legend is right there with Minelab with the LG30 12x9, and it was the LG 28 11" previously.

Frankly, I'd prefer the LG24 as the stock coil if was I starting all over again, but apparently the manufacturers must see a preference in users wanting a larger stock coil on their new machine.

Or maybe there's a large enough of a market for accessory coils that they expect a high percentage of buyers to make supplemental purchases on those items, who knows?