Best Device For Above 2m?

Single coins can only be found to several centimeters. At two meters all that can be found are large metal objects, like a metal chest, or thousands of coins tightly packed in an urn. The article below explains this in detail. Finally, avoid all devices to claim to be able to find things at long distances of more than a few meters. They are either dowsing devices or a scam. Good luck. :smile:

• Like 8

On 10/28/2023 at 12:20 AM, erfanpermanoon said:

What is the best device and method to find ancient objects in high depths? (above 2 meters) in Persia?

Can you guide me please?

20230909_143350.jpg

An excavator, but no guarantees. Just blind stabbing.

D4G 

• 3 weeks later...

Its all subjective to the size of the main items that you are detecting,if its just say odd coinage or small artefacts then you wont gain anything like 2mtrs,the bottom line it just ain't going to happen.Larger artefacts and the larger they are the deeper you will be able to detect them but then we are entering the realms of expensive and dedicated equipment here,unless you are 100% certain that something is in that location then you have to take into account the expense to reward ratio and in most cases if you are running on just rumours the expense to reward ratio is often again you.

Here in the UK we do have a higher possibility of find hoard/s that in many other countries this is basically down to the vast history that we have,so hence when we do find something serious more than often it makes the news media.We all detect different finds at depth this could could be 1/4-1/2 oz nuggets in Aussieland or a hoard of gold coins here in the UK but we approach it and detect it differently.

Weapons of choice for me for hunting deeper and larger finds are predominantly Nexus,TDI pro with 20'' Mono or a twin box these are for different scenarios and no one detector does it all irrespective of how expensive they cost.

Fred or Bert out in Aussie land would gear up for say GPZ7000 for gold nuggets but for me or Frank here in Euroland who are after say hoards/Relic etc would/could use different machines as they are more suited to our needs and requirements.

• Like 3

If you get your hands on a detector that you think will do the job on what you want it for try this first. It’s cheap and simple and will save you time on knowing if you got the right detector.

First you will need a hand post hole diggers .With it you can dig a hole straight down that’s if the ground is not too hard. The next thing if you got some old balls ️ of different sizes. The last is aluminum foil that you going to wrap the balls 🏀 in.

It’s like Steve said about a stash will be compact. It could be in a fruit jar 🫙 and if you were lucky it could have one of the old old lids on it.It’s no limit in what type of container you will find that hoard in  

I’m sure you can see that the balls of different sizes represents the treasure that may lay under feet.

If you had two balls of each size this way you could place each at different depths. In this way you going to know what’s in range of your detector detecting it . 

This may sound like a lot of work but after you will know if you got the right equipment.

Be sure to place the holes far apart so not to be picking up a signal from another while checking one target.

Some got a coin test garden but you will have maybe the only treasure stash garden.

Best to you!

Chuck 

In the day when people didn’t trust banks they had what you call posthole banks. I can assure you that they didn’t put it down so deep that they couldn’t get it up in a short time without killing them selves. Sometimes they needed to get out are to put some in.

Finding the place they stashed it is your problem.

I know of one guy had cattle pens that was made of wood post and he was going to replace them with metal post . His wife told her mother what he planned and before long here goes her mother with a shovel. She watched her dig something up near a post and then came back to the house with 12 silver dollars she had burrowed but didn’t know when.

Just don’t know where that next treasure may lay.

Chuck 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, RickUK said:

Fred or Bert out in Aussie land would gear up for say GPZ7000 for gold nuggets but for me or Frank here in Euroland who are after say hoards/Relic etc would/could use different machines as they are more suited to our needs and requirements.

Sorry Rick, you're a bit behind the times, Fred and Bert are now in nursing homes, Bruce is more appropriate now, regards to you and all the Nigels in pommie land. Pip, pip old chap.🙂