My Golden Story

3 hours ago, cobill said:

@AmgminingcoGood story and big, beautiful gold! I have also sold my GPX 5000s twice, kept my NF Evolution coils and just recently picked up another used one from Gerry. Can you share what settings worked for you? Thanks and looking forward to more stories and gold pics.

Bill

Oh man, il have to break out the 5000 from my dads house down the road later today, I haven’t ran that guy in 8 months or so and have forgotten all of my settings but I will here shortly. The main thing is the nuggetfinder coils, I learned the stock minelab coils are very very noisy and do not do a sufficient job in depth for smaller nuggets. The number one thing I can say is your detector settings and proper ground balance is the #1 key to have a good machine. The gpx5000 with the nuggetfinder Sadie coil is just as effective at depth and small target identification at depth as the gpz7000 with the nuggetfinder z search 17x13. The only reason I use the 7000 is because it has a bigger coil and does the same as the 5000. The Sadie coil is only a 9” elyptical coil so it takes much more swings to equal to one swing with the 17x13. That’s literally the only reason I don’t use it. Love that darn gpx5000. 

3 hours ago, Amgminingco said:

Oh man, il have to break out the 5000 from my dads house down the road later today, I haven’t ran that guy in 8 months or so and have forgotten all of my settings but I will here shortly. The main thing is the nuggetfinder coils, I learned the stock minelab coils are very very noisy and do not do a sufficient job in depth for smaller nuggets. The number one thing I can say is your detector settings and proper ground balance is the #1 key to have a good machine. The gpx5000 with the nuggetfinder Sadie coil is just as effective at depth and small target identification at depth as the gpz7000 with the nuggetfinder z search 17x13. The only reason I use the 7000 is because it has a bigger coil and does the same as the 5000. The Sadie coil is only a 9” elyptical coil so it takes much more swings to equal to one swing with the 17x13. That’s literally the only reason I don’t use it. Love that darn gpx5000. 

@AmgminingcoGuess I should have asked for the GPZ settings, which I'll probably use more often...like you did! Were you running Extra Deep, General or High Yield? Thanks,

Bill