I Hear A Difference

mn90403

Now, here is an OTC hearing aid company out of Las Vegas.  I spoke with them and they do not have programmable hearing aids.  They do have hearing aids with programs!  I guess we know what that is all about after using preset metal detecting programs for so many years.

The reviews are interesting, and I got online support for my sales questions in just a matter of minutes.  They have 5 hearing aids under $600.  Some of the reviewers say they have bought more than one time ... they lose one!  Maybe that is why the other companies charge so much as they allow replacements for a period of time.

I'm still concerned about the seating in my ear which is more important to me than the price.  If they don't stay in my ear then no price is too great or small.

Nano Hearing Aids - Shop Hearing Aid Accessories & Services

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 6:52 PM, peterinaust said:

Hi Qlden, these look/sound pretty good. Will they pair direct to the 6000? or do I need a separate transmitter? Thanks for posting.

Cheers.

Sorry for delay in responding Peter been offline for the last couple of weeks..

Yes they work with direct pairing.

With Noise Cancelling on it really helps with your focus and cuts out a lot of noise if you’re a scrubber like me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

If they don't stay in my ear then no price is too great or small.

That seems strange that they won't stay in your ear as the hearing aids I have seen (a bunch of them), usually have different sizes of the part that goes in your ear. Some of them even have little rings that tilt outward acting like sort of a brake on it slipping out…it's hard to describe but you get the idea. Is it that perhaps you have a large ear opening or something? Anyway I am sure a competent audio person will be able to figure something out, don't let that stop you, it's too important...

Happy New Year by the way...

• Like 1

The Costco system uses the outer ear and not just the ear tunnel which these other two have used.  I'll be ordering the Costco's and wearing them and I'll return them if they don't fit.

The Miracle ear offered a custom mold for each ear so that fit would not be a problem.  It only costs $80 per ear but it was not offered by the last company.  They could make a mold but then they would imbed the entire hearing aid and they discouraged me from doing it.  I've seen some of the other ear cups that have layers and are built to prevent pull out or fall out but this was not available with my last company it seems.  I tried small, medium and large and they all dropped loose needing constant reinsertion which changed the program and volume.

Thanks for the Happy New Year.

• Like 1

I know that the cost of some hearing aids are verry very high, but some of us need them. I have the ones in the photo below. The biggest problem is that they came off when using Cov masks and not tell ing my hair dresser that I'm wearing them. The model I got has a find me feature like some phones have and had to use it twice.

manualear.thumb.jpg.9a27b77e8869c0d3d7689e04e7bc8dec.jpg 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 12/29/2023 at 1:01 AM, flakmagnet said:

That seems strange that they won't stay in your ear as the hearing aids I have seen (a bunch of them), usually have different sizes of the part that goes in your ear. Some of them even have little rings that tilt outward acting like sort of a brake on it slipping out…it's hard to describe but you get the idea. Is it that perhaps you have a large ear opening or something? Anyway I am sure a competent audio person will be able to figure something out, don't let that stop you, it's too important...

Happy New Year by the way...

When I first got the Miracle Ear hearing aids I had issues with them staying in. I went back to Miracle Ear and they installed little clear plastic clips that keep them in your ear. They work great and no more issues with them falling out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another reminder of how important getting hearing aids can be:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness/2024/01/03/hearing-aids-regular-use-mortality-risk/

These days the stigma of wearing hearing aids is pretty much passe. If your hearing is suffering you have almost an obligation to deal with it…and it's getting easier all the time. Your family and friends will thank you and you will thank yourself. I know from first-hand experience what a difference they make in the quality of life.

• Like 2

Guy’s, I hear ya! About a year ago I was taking my granddaughter with me to the beach to do some detecting and on the way, she talked, telling me about her school. My continued response was huh? And asked that she speak up so I could hear her. 
 Later that night when I got home, I got on line and found the Jabra Enhance Pro hearing aids. I took the online hearing test several times and discovered what my family has been saying all along, I have hearing deficiencies in both ears.

The hearing tests concluded the same results each time, with my left ear being worse. They “tuned” them to my needs and I received them in 10 days. After I got them, I contacted Jabra to follow a guidance 
 The cost was approx 1600 and includes recharging case, a tool kit for cleaning and unlimited replacement “cups”. Fully adjustable and programmable with my phone to the various  environments..
 The important part is that wearing hearing aids has sure changed my life and I especially hear my granddaughters without question now.

My headphones fit comfortably over my ears and now I hears my detectors tones much more clearly.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hear (pun intended) is my update.

Tonight, I went out as I have several times in the past couple of weeks with the Costco hearing aids.  They are Jabras as Jamie above has.

The first couple of times I used them I was not impressed.  My previous hearing aids were more comfortable and sounded better.  They just couldn't stay in my ear.  Since I returned them I've talked with some people who use Air Pods and they put a little foam tip on to keep them in their ears.  That should have been offered to me but wasn't.

Going back to the Jabras, I went back to Costco and they gave me some new cups and that has made a big difference.  I can use them with the headphones and feel comfortable.   The hearing aids also stay in because of a little 'tail' that uses the outer ear to keep them from sliding out.  You also use the tail to pull the hearing aids out of the ears.

IMG_20240131_202008_1951.thumb.jpg.d776815e571e61f2c045d71d89ca68b4.jpg

I can still use the detector without the hearing aids and I think get 90% of the hearing but if I really slow down the hearing aids help.  The Jabras are a little bit tinty as I would say and I think they have more to do with volume than quality of sound.  There is an adjustment for frequency which I've lowered the power on the high and mid and that has helped the target sounds not sound scratchy.  I can hear the electric clock in our dining area ticking which I can't do without the hearing aids in.

Sometimes that is not such a bad thing when you have a couple of young kids!

Costco gives me 6 months to use them and still get a full refund.  I'll come back here and let everyone in on my experiences from time to time.

• Like 6