I Hear A Difference

mn90403

Anyone who is having any sort of hearing diminishment should give themselves a chance to get back into life by having their hearing tested. It is just amazing how resistant most people are to taking that small step  and because of that, are missing out on much more than just gold signals in life. I am happy for you mn90403, you are getting a large part of your life back…as well as gold in the ground. Good decision.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hello Klunker

I am willing to bet you a new pair of glasses that you will thank yourself for your decision to get your HEARING checked. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very informative review of the hearing aids and yourself. Equinox or Manticore GAIN of 23 on saltwater Beach, I could never imagine.....just to much Chatter and Falsing.  I do know beaches vary to a degree, but my experience tops out around 19/20.  Actually, just yesterday in the Cancun water, I had to drop to 15 from my usual 16/17 SENS setting. 

Yes I think you were missing targets for the last few years and now you're on a new level. 

Not only are you hearing more, but your thinking and positive attitude is another Win. So many people don't realize the importance of proper Mindset when chasing the deepest and weakest of target signals. 

Thanks for sharing my friend and wishing you Success. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I also "bit the bullet" and took a hearing test and purchased some hearing aids. I really like them(although very pricey.} Along with detecting  I found them very useful in archery hunting this year, They have a universal mode, a tv mode, a noisy environment mode, and my favorite..an outdoor sports mode that totally eliminates any wind noise. I control which mode and volume from my phone.  I can answer phone calls with them also but never use that feature.

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2023 at 6:03 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

Yes I think you were missing targets for the last few years and now you're on a new level. 

It is like having a new detector that goes 40% DEEPER!  haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Zaj56 said:

I also "bit the bullet" and took a hearing test and purchased some hearing aids. I really like them(although very pricey.} Along with detecting  I found them very useful in archery hunting this year, They have a universal mode, a tv mode, a noisy environment mode, and my favorite..an outdoor sports mode that totally eliminates any wind noise. I control which mode and volume from my phone.  I can answer phone calls with them also but never use that feature.

I'm still not done with my purchase of these aids.  I like your options including the sports mode.  What brand?

I've got a fitting scheduled for Costco that may put me on to one of their less expensive pairs but I hadn't considered the different 'apps' like you are talking about.  Now that could really open up the options.

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

I've got a fitting scheduled for Costco

Costco has great hearing aids (Kirkland), and they do most of what you are asking about.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

I'm still not done with my purchase of these aids.  I like your options including the sports mode.  What brand?

I've got a fitting scheduled for Costco that may put me on to one of their less expensive pairs but I hadn't considered the different 'apps' like you are talking about.  Now that could really open up the options.

Mine are Miracle Ear

• Thanks 1