First Texas Finally Has A New Website

Thanks, Not a surprise this is a better resource than the manufacturer page. 

It looks to be the correct manual for my model. they've likely changed the F19 a number of times since release like their other models, I can't remember seeing a F19 super turbo LE V2 Camo release like the main detectors get though, now to see if it has the large pure silver coin wraparound to iron problem the Bugs had.

20 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I can't remember seeing a F19 super turbo LE V2 Camo release like the main detectors get though...

The original F19's came in two camo varieties -- green and pink.  Presumably the latter were for women?  When they eventually released the non-camo models the price for those were lower (maybe $50 less), even though they kept the camo model prices higher.

I'm not much of a camo person.  I prefer wearing orange so that 1) hunters can see me, and 2) if I get lost, searchers can more easily find me.  If wild animals are more likely to notice me, all the better!  I ended up buying a Gold Bug Pro instead of an F19 because at the time only the camo models had been released.  Aesthetics?  Yep.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

The original F19's came in two camo varieties -- green and pink.  Presumably the latter were for women?  When they eventually released the non-camo models the price for those were lower (maybe $50 less), even though they kept the camo model prices higher.

So, there is no difference between F19 models other than the paint colour?  FT detectors are confusing as they make a F75 and keep adding little tiny features and calling it a F75 Turbo Nitro, and add another little software feature and call it a F75 Turbo Nitro LE V2.

If all F19's are the same software wise then the manual I've now got should be the correct one, although it looks like it was written by someone on the booze.

I think I got a paper quick start guide manual with it, but I can't find where I put it.

It's always been hard to take FT seriously, they seem so amateur in the way they run their business, if ever there was a fall of the mighty, they've done it perfectly.   From a dominant force in detecting to rock bottom.

Did you have the large silver wrap around to iron problem with your Bug? Both mine did, I adjusted the pot myself to fix it.  I'll track down a large sivler coin today and test if they got it right on the F19.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

So, there is no difference between F19 models other than the paint colour?

AFAIK, yes.  I have the same manual that DetectorProspector has available for download which I'm pretty sure I downloaded from Fisher's site years ago.  The file mod date on my computer is 2019-08-11 (that's August 11) which should be when I downloaded it since I've never modified it.

On the last page of my manual (and the downloadable one) -- the page with all the Fisher accessories -- you will find at the bottom "MF19     rev1      021015" and presumably that's the date it was created:  10 Feb 2015.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

Did you have the large silver wrap around to iron problem with your Bug? Both mine did, I adjusted the pot myself to fix it.  I'll track down a large sivler coin today and test if they got it right on the F19.

I don't recall that.  I need to dust it off and fire it up to find out.  Mine's never been modded by me or the factory since I bought it in August 2015.  BTW, does either of yours have the 3.5 mm socket for the small headphone plug?  They advertised for a while that the Bug came with both sockets but mine only has the 1/4 inch.  The Teknetics Frat brothers (e.g. Omega) did have both sockets.  I thought that was a really nice feature.

7 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

does either of yours have the 3.5 mm socket for the small headphone plug?  They advertised for a while that the Bug came with both sockets but mine only has the 1/4 inch. 

Yes, mine has both

The F19 has a nice cover over the headphone socket though which is something I appreciate as I don't use headphones.

IMG_1808.thumb.jpg.a92d494d12e829fe4ba6239f4bbe6009.jpg

and my Bugs are like this

IMG_1807.thumb.jpg.57e5e3096b5ff229b37109bed9352c4c.jpg

See about the silver wrap around in my new post here comparing the two detectors.

• Like 1

Ok, I've had correspondence with FT about the issues with their website, and the manuals, they've now given me the correct F19 manual PDF, without all the bizarre OCR or drunk PDF creator errors the one currently hosted on DP has like in the picture below

f19manualfaulty.thumb.jpg.d701939fa2857ed7570820e775be6676.jpg

So, here is the new manual with correct formatting.

F19 Manual Download Link

@Steve Herschbach may want to update the one stored locally here to the new fixed version too.

They are now going through and checking and fixing all links on the website, including fixing up the incorrect battery information on models.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, phrunt said:

So, here is the new manual with correct formatting.

F19 Manual Download Link

That's the 'printer' version which is not so easy to read on a display.  I do notice the 'rev.5   050420' (4 May 2020) document tag.

So according to the F19 manual we're not supposed to use any rubber washer/gasket when attaching the coil to the shaft??  I wonder if that's something specific to the 5"x10" coil given the conflicting instructions for other coils (5" and 7"x11") in the Gold Bug Pro manuals.  I'm sticking with Carl's recommendation and my own experience.

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

That's the 'printer' version which is not so easy to read on a display.  I do notice the 'rev.5   050420' (4 May 2020) document tag.

So we're not supposed to use any rubber washer/gasket when attaching the coil to the shaft??

I started splitting and rearranging the pdf as a viewer file and got 3/4 done and accidently erased it. Not starting over. But yeah, I put the funky formatted reader version in the downloads area which also prints fine as single pages as I could not find anything better at the time. The pdf set up for double page priinting looks better but is a hard read on a device. I might go back and split and rearrange someday but am too irritated at having accidently deleted 20 minutes work to start over right now.

It's pretty simple as far as washers are concerned. The lower rod was obviously designed to be used with two washers. Somewhere along the way somebody screwed up, and it became that using two washers would stress the ears depending on the coil used. So the bug became a feature - "oh no, we designed it that way, just use one washer!" Uh huh.

Ignore the manuals and pay attention to the lower rod and coil fit. You want it snug but not enough to be forcing the ears apart and stressing them. If you need two washers use them, if two washers are too much use one washer. It might depend on the coil used and if you have multiple coils you might need two washers with some and one washer with others. That's it.

When using one washer you are getting a plastic to plastic fit on one side against a thin raised edge where the washer was supposed to go if this had been done right. Those thin edges may wear excessively for people that flip the coil a lot for some reason, so the "use one washer" solution is obviously not ideal and I refuse it was supposed to be that way. But it is what it is. Maybe find or make some thinner washers. I promise complaining about it will fall on deaf ears so just do what you have to do so you can go detecting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1