Xmas Twenty Years Ago

geof_junk

Cant find the receipt but I still got the detector 🙂 GP3000, coils even the pick.  LOL  Yeah that was a chunk of change.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

So do any of you guys think I should take "wife" off my bucket list ??

Yes......good ones are a total rarity these days, your chances of finding a 'good'un' are low. A great saying is: "Dating in your 50's is like looking into a box of used toys....wondering which one is the least broken"    

From my experience, your odds of finding a 20oz nugget are better than finding a good woman. Plenty of fellas have been lucky....but not me 😞 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

50s ? That was 20 years ago ! 

I spent most of my life in bars ,and you're right . I learned 50 years ago that all the good ones were taken..

Someplace else  ! They sure weren't in those clubs ! Arrrrrrr 

• Like 3

Gave my wife a couple gold rings and some silver earrings this year, hell she's buying me WSA II XL headphones. 😎 We've already booked next year's beach trips. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

I never had that problem .

So do any of you guys think I should take "wife" off my bucket list ??🤔

Leave wife on your bucket list. The right one is worth it.

My wife of 28 years has over the years bought me a handheld GPS and intercom for flying, various SCUBA toys for diving, and when I popped out and came back with my first metal detector her first surprised response was that she did want me to walk more so it was quite a good purchase!

Of all the treasures you could find in life she truly has been the best one of all. 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, j71038 said:

My wife of 28 years has over the years bought me a handheld GPS and intercom for flying, various SCUBA toys for diving, and when I popped out and came back with my first metal detector her first surprised response was that she did want me to walk more so it was quite a good purchase!

Of all the treasures you could find in life she truly has been the best one of all. 🙂

In Feb it will be 54 years. Had to get her a GPS and a few Detectors, but had to get the same for Me. It paid off as she found the first nugget over an ounce (I won't mention too much about that. 😒) The GPS came in handy out of the gold fields when bushwalking. BOY have I had some GOOD LUCK.🤩

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2023 at 5:20 PM, j71038 said:

This ^^^^

When they ask what's the best thing you ever found thats the answer I give em. However I did have to throw one back to find the keeper...

strick

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Oh my! 1

11 hours ago, strick said:

When they ask what's the best thing you ever found thats the answer I give em.

Just tried that.....I got some weird eye roll from her 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Merry Christmas 20 yrs ago and the two GP-3000 detectors purchased looks to have been a blessing of gifts for the two of you. It seems to have been a wise purchase and the boss was on board. I'm happy things turned out Merry for you.  That's what so many of us desire. 

From reading a few comments, it seems as if a couple guys got the short end of the stick or maybe the other way around 🤔.

I'm no wife (boss) selecting expert, only did it once 35 yrs ago. But I can put this spin on it. My wife understood my MDing passion which was 15 yrs strong, when we tied the knot.

Personally, I think there's a few great detectors out there and also a few great potential wives still left.  Sure you'll need to learn them and fine tune, but treasure reward could be worth it. 

Just remember... when doing the hunt for gold (a good boss), location....location...location...is key. 

A good boss is like a good detector, it just keeps giving and Geof got it right, with a couple other of you. 🥰

• Like 4