Avantree Interested In Hearing From You

yep, you're never going to get something that fits absolutely everything, Its not many detectors it doesn't fit so that doesn't matter, most could use it.  If the Axiom was far more popular than it is, then it would be more of a concern, Axiom owners could still use it by using the clip option rather than the shaft connector.   

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

axiomTR.thumb.jpg.752c77806b4b5fae29a0e8d02e534343.jpg

To give Avantree a wee bit of photo insight, Axiom mount is easy as bit of velcro stick on, I just followed Lunks initial post but with the Avantree 417, has done a full FNQ season (rough as) no trouble and  zero drop outs. That couple (Torus & 417) will move over to the E1500 easy as or most detectors that haven`t an inbuilt aptXLL tranny. 

E1500TR.thumb.jpg.8b513b9b22b80d3f3f753880d35426be.jpg

Why not while the iron is hot? here it is transferred across to the E1500. Trust this illustrates how easy it is with stick on velcro, of course this has not had a seasons CP, will if the E1500 has the go as I suspect.

I have had 3 different Avantree products, excellent quality, I use the Torus with both my detectors  the Legend and the Deus2 ws6 master, I use a low latency transmitter for the master, works great, I use the Torus a lot, listening to music and detecting, great sound.

IMG_0351.jpeg

4 hours ago, Voyager32 said:

I have had 3 different Avantree products, excellent quality, I use the Torus with both my detectors  the Legend and the Deus2 ws6 master, I use a low latency transmitter for the master, works great, I use the Torus a lot, listening to music and detecting, great sound.

IMG_0351.jpeg

Now you have given me an idea of how to mount a transmitter to my ORX when i receive it Monday or Tuesday LOL so I can use the Torus with the ORX

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, thanks so much for the feedback! I'm relaying it to our project managers and our engineers.

Good shout on the Velcro v.s. Magnet situation. We were not aware that magnets could potentially cause interference with metal detectors. We'll definitely consider Velcro in the future.

The bike mount solution for detectors is fascinating. While clip-on speakers are currently our priority, we'll consider the bike mount solution as well.

@phrunt What's the advantage of mounting a speaker on your detector compared to clipping the speaker on your shirt? Wouldn't the speaker be harder to hear if it's on your detector? Or is it because it's uncomfortable to have anything clipped on your body?

@Voyager32 Awesome use case for the TC417. How do you feel about the size of it? Does it fit well on your transmitter? Would you rather it be smaller, or even a different shape, like the long rectangular shape that @DSMITH mentioned? The reason I ask is according to my boss, the TC417 is going to be discontinued soon. So if anyone wants a product like that, they will need to buy one of our newer transmitters.

@Wiggins The benefit with having it on the detector is just convenience really, those model detectors don't have a built-in speaker at all, and rely on you using corded headphones, so by putting a speaker on it like that it gets great audio with no cords dangling out to your body.   Now though, with the latest model detectors either having a built-in speaker or some form of wireless audio it's not as necessary on them, but the cost of making a plastic mount as an accessory option I am guessing wouldn't be that high, so if it was sold separately to the clip-on speaker, it gives you an opportunity to sell more stuff for those with the model of detector that would benefit from it and for people wanting to clip it onto a bikes handlebars or something else 🙂

Clipping the speaker on the shaft as shown points the speaker up towards you, mounting on your body tends to face the speaker away from you, if it has good volume, it really doesn't make much of a difference, part of detecting though is listening for very faint target signals, headphone users have the advantage here, so speaker volume is essential to hear the faint targets.    As long as the speaker has a good way to clip it so it's not dangling, something that secures it to your shirt more than holds it on there, it needs to not flop around as it would get annoying, you're often digging holes and gold detecting you're swinging a pick smashing up the ground or rock, so if its loose it is annoying.

I've been using the Avantree Relay and everything is great, no signal drop outs, in fact a good range too as I often wandered off from my detector and used the audio to get me back to its general area when I forgot where I left it 😜  The things I would change with it are the fixed cable needs replaced with a female 3.5mm port to plug in different lengths of cable, as the cable is just too short for the detector it's plugged into, and for another detector the cable is very much too short, allowing different lengths to suit different applications is much better.

IMG_1578.thumb.jpg.b436f16f39d92df52c566075ef0b73e9.jpg

You'll see here I have to mount it quite awkwardly to fit so the cable reaches.  I just used adhesive Velcro on the transmitter and detector.  

IMG_1582.thumb.jpg.5db5cd27e32a02916db1dd127377ff10.jpg

Another transmitter where I can use whatever cable I want fits better, although I need to invest in a right-angled plug cable so it doesn't stick out.  This transmitter is bigger, and will be harder for fitment on some models due to its size, the Avantree is a much better size and shape.

The next thing is the USB port for charging, this would be best if it had a little cover to put into it, I have bought covers but if one was included that would be an idea especially if its one that remains mounted so it can't be lost, detecting is a dirty dusty thing to do, exposed ports are asking for trouble.  I'm finding the Avantree Relay better than the MPow for audio stability, maybe a better antenna? 

@Wiggins Everything phrunt stated is the same as I have stated in PMs, I have also been testing out the Relay also as you know, again I have addressed my concerns with the short cable, which can be used by adapters and longer cables but, the fewer the connection points the less chance of things becoming disconnected, as @phrunt stated the little relay works great with no audio drop outs at all, the volume control on the relay is a big plus and works great, the size of the Relay is perfect because the size makes it easier for placement on a detector, The TC417 would also work but would be just a little harder for placement on some detectors, not all but some.

@Wiggins thank you and Avantree again for continuing to try and produce a great product for us detectorist

photo of relay mounted on the Axiom

Relay on Axiom.jpg

On 2/3/2024 at 1:25 PM, Norvic said:

axiomTR.thumb.jpg.752c77806b4b5fae29a0e8d02e534343.jpg

To give Avantree a wee bit of photo insight, Axiom mount is easy as bit of velcro stick on, I just followed Lunks initial post but with the Avantree 417, has done a full FNQ season (rough as) no trouble and  zero drop outs. That couple (Torus & 417) will move over to the E1500 easy as or most detectors that haven`t an inbuilt aptXLL tranny. 

@Norvic I've been thinking about the Torus for the summer heat in Northern California. Your pic showed me just what to buy and how to mount it on the Axiom. Thanks for posting this.

Hi everyone, thanks to your enthusiastic feedback, I've got it approved with the company to release a set for metal detectors.

It will be called the NB05T, a combination of the Torus neckband speakers and the Relay Bluetooth transmitter. Both products have aptX Low Latency so they'll be perfect for finding your target accurately.

Torus:

image.png.1ae96fdce407bb5a2744331430e264f8.png

Relay:

image.png.32fc0c7d352f864b58b8d1b2a4158c63.png

The planned MSRP will be $119.99 USD, which is cheaper than if you were to buy the products individually.

This bundle will include our existing versions of the Torus and Relay. The upgraded versions of the Torus and Relay have been suggested and should be in production soon. (Torus with more rugged design and improved battery life, Relay with longer cord options and velcro, etc.)

You should be able to see this bundle on our website and on Amazon soon.