New Garrett Detector In 2024

My guess is something to challenge the Deus II. I watch a lot of videos from England and Scotland and a lot of them have moved on from Equinoxes and have done well with the Deus II. If I were Garrett that would be my target.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

videos from England and Scotland and a lot of them have moved on from Equinoxes and have done well with the Deus II. If I were Garrett that would be my target.

Wonder why the move, especially from the Manticore to the XP Deus II.  Are they more focused on the tones? I don’t know if Garrett will shoot that high. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HardPack said:

Wonder why the move, especially from the Manticore to the XP Deus II.  Are they more focused on the tones? I don’t know if Garrett will shoot that high. 

Maybe some had the original Deus and liked that platform better than Minelabs.  But from the couple of times I had worked along side people with the Deus II, it has performed better in the soils, sands and EMI that we were exposed to. Even though Garrett usually tries to hit the middle ground, my guess would be that they are going to directly challenge the big boys. I would welcome another company shooting for the top tier.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

I would welcome another company shooting for the top tier.

I just viewed “History Revisited” explanation for what he is exchanging the Manticore for the Deus II. He does not use the screen or the 2D graphics and prefers & trusts the Deus II audio. The Manticore at $1600 vs the Deus II master at $800. 

You may be correct regarding Garrett targeting the Deus II. We will eventually find out.

10 minutes ago, Knomad said:

No comment Steve.?

I think he is over in the “classifieds” section. He has his eye on that T2. If he and Gerry are testers we won’t hear anything until after the Garrett release. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, HardPack said:

Yeah, if Garrett finally comes out with an AT multi frequency we will all be standing in line. 

14 hours ago, HardPack said:

Yeah, if Garrett finally comes out with an AT multi frequency we will all be standing in line. 

Have to wait and see what Garrett comes up with

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

Holy crap, I started watching her video at 14 minutes and she was swinging that coil way off the ground, it's a wonder she finds anything that's not the size of a coke can, I turned it off then, as that to me is a typical Youtube marketer and not a serious detector user.

It's great to hear Garrett have something baking in the oven,...

I'll be blunt (not picking on you, Simon):  if she doesn't know how to use a metal detector, how do we know she's even plugged into Garrett headquarters enough to be able to (confidently!) predict they will have a new detector available in 2024?

I've only been around this game (in the internet age, anyway) for 7 1/2 years now, but I'm running out of fingers counting all the predictions of new detectors "arriving this year" that haven't materialized.  But "hope springs eternal...."

• Like 1

21 hours ago, phrunt said:

Holy crap, I started watching her video at 14 minutes and she was swinging that coil way off the ground

That's the first thing I noticed when I watched some of the video yesterday. Trying to give the benefit of the doubt, I grasped at straws and thought maybe it was some sort of unusual camera lens or weird angle, etc. Then I saw the 45 degree coil!

Anyway, when I first heard of the new detector by Garrett, my first thought was, "It's going to have be something really remarkable to compete with the tough and thorough competition. Then again, I see a lot of American hunters, posting that they will buy a new Garrett, just due to the fact that it will (probably?) be made in America.

• Like 2