AlgoForce E1500

2 hours ago, dig4gold said:

In NZ you don't have to worry about a bear or a bigfoot or anything else making a charge at you. What is it you would need to be hearing going on around you? A wild pig maybe but then you wouldn't really be detecting in that type of terrain & vegetation.

D4G

If Simon is like most of us, the biggest animal to "fear" Is man!! We are our own worst enemy! There was a thread on here not too long ago about just that!

Also, Simon has posted pics of some of his terrain, which is some pretty steep, and remote stuff in the mountains! I'm sure he wants to hear falling rocks, etc..! But other than those two he has little else to fear! But mostly, he hates wearing headphones! 

I have studied the "Simon" in its natural habit for several years, via the forum; interesting animal! He has learned to store dozens of electronic devices in his backyard den, as the female of the species demands the main den be clutter free!! 😆😜👍👍

I hope you can turn off the microphone option off? I havent bothered to study the instruction manual too heavily but I would expect so? My many years as a full-time professional prospector taught me very quickly NOT to use speakers at any time. The habits I gained from the 80's and 90's have continued to this day. Plus in all my years of detecting, the only times Ive seen snakes is when they're going in the opposite direction to me...except that one time 😉  My years spent in the military gave me a solid sense of spacial awareness so that its a very rare thing for anyone to be in my vicinity without me being aware. If I do decide to try an E1500, it will definitely be with a wireless headphone setup.

On 1/25/2024 at 10:26 PM, phrunt said:

Algo is short for Algorithm, Algorithm Force!  Maybe during his time with Minelab he was onto something, they didn't want to pursue it so he did it himself, 

I think I prodded them a bit!  haha

Someone has had one in hand for at least a full day now. That's a whole week in dog years.  Not quite sure why we don't have a video yet! 

Because the people with them aren't Youtubers trying to gather hits. The only Youtube video is a guy looking at a website of it 😛

I tried my best to buy one, or get one for testing, no luck for the general public in the US until FCC approval it sounds like. No timeline. Will be interesting to see reports come in, but my enthusiasm for a product I can't get access to, with no timeline on the horizon, has somewhat waned to idle curiosity. Maybe it'll get approval quick though, who knows.

Now I'm starting to wonder with this release and if we have to wait up to 1 year to get it here in the US, is Minelab going to be close to releasing something too by that time? If they do, it either has to be price-competitive to this machine, or something much better if it's more expensive, so I guess we will see if it gets them off their butts or not in terms of a new release people have been waiting years for, that a customer can actually buy.

11 hours ago, jasong said:

Will be interesting to see reports come in, but my enthusiasm for a product I can't get access to, with no timeline on the horizon, has somewhat waned to idle curiosity.

Sounds like most of the detectors and coils announced in the last ten years!

My crystal ball says GPZ 8000 for $12,000 announced by end of the year, available in 2025. Detects a 36 ounce nugget deeper than a GPZ 7000. Just that one nugget will easily pay for it! The E1500 will be available for purchase in states within 90 days. If I am wrong on any of that I will fully refund every dime you have paid for my prediction. :smile:

Yeah true enough. 

I just checked and I don't see any new FCC filings from Algoforce (or Minelab for that matter). And they are usually like 3 weeks from posting on the FCC site to sales for ML, so I'm guessing this one is more than 3 weeks out at very minimum. 90 days might be about right if they already have the paperwork rolling but no testing or anything done yet.

I just got in from a beach hunt.  My question is going to be, "How will it ID a zinc penny that is broken, bubbled, corroded and cracked?"

Will it do any better with a tent stake in heavy black sand?

As I was detecting I began to think of the phrase TGTBT (Too Good To Be True).  We do need a detector that will tell us exactly what the targets are ... kinda like an XRF.  I hope this does it and reduces some of the excess digging on beach hunts but it's not going to make good targets show up by itself.