A Couple Of Fun Days Coppers, Flying Eagle (and Real Eagle) And An Assumed Counterfeit 2 Reale

• The title was changed to A Couple Of Fun Days Coppers, Flying Eagle (and Real Eagle) And An Assumed Counterfeit 2 Reale

GKman knocks it out of the park!

That may not be a fake, Spain minted some copper Carolus Maravedis coins dating to the 1700s. Check it out and let us know!

A flying eagle still evades me, so congrats on that one too.

Your last pic looks like a King George of some sort 🤔

A fantastic opportunity. Well done. 👍

• Like 3

What a great opportunity. That’s some great “old” you are finding. Keep posting your results for us.

• Like 1

Great hunt and glad to see the finds your getting. Which detector were you using.

Nice looking bird in the tree we have a lot of them around here also.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

Nice finds GKman. George Kinsey (GK Old Man)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunt and glad to see the finds your getting. Which detector were you using.

Nice looking bird in the tree we have a lot of them around here also.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Thank you. I'm a Minelab guy since the mid '90s but have been using the Deus 2 since it was released. I'm not as fluent in French as Australian. But it has done me well.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

GKman knocks it out of the park!

That may not be a fake, Spain minted some copper Carolus Maravedis coins dating to the 1700s. Check it out and let us know!

A flying eagle still evades me, so congrats on that one too.

Your last pic looks like a King George of some sort 🤔

A fantastic opportunity. Well done. 👍

Copper huh? I didn't know that. The only other 2 reale I have found came out shiny as can be. As well as most of the other half and one reales. But this thing seemed to be a falling apart. I still have to look at it closer. Thanks for letting me know about this.

HH

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GKman said:

Copper huh? I didn't know that. The only other 2 reale I have found came out shiny as can be. As well as most of the other half and one reales. But this thing seemed to be a falling apart. I still have to look at it closer. Thanks for letting me know about this.

HH

It would be a Maravedis rather than a Reale, they were minted in 2,4, and 8.

They're big, heavy, and copper.20220920_182709.thumb.jpg.2cbe2e9f70c5d1a35e6693b45da228d2.jpg

Got this one of all places on a beach, a Ferdinand VII.20220920_182748.thumb.jpg.a43b226337785c0a5548d076e3fb20a4.jpg

It's an 8 Maravedis.

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1