Second Hand AlgoForce For Sale Already !

Strange listing considering it's so soon.

Maybe he will sell to the USA if no one buys it locally.....very early days as it has just been listed.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/creswick/miscellaneous-goods/algoforce-e1500-pulse-induction-metal-gold-detector-2x-new-coils-2/1322076585

Wow that is quick, going by his reasons for selling, that isn`t that surprising, the Axiom suffered much the same, seems lots of them were returned with supposed faults but on testing they proved to have no problem. Although the E1500 controls are easy to navigate as are the Axioms, it is not for those that like the SDC and the 6K easy casual user use. Minelab hit on the market very well, with those two detectors.

My brief look at the AlgoForce manual and operational videos left me feeling it was very user friendly and mostly set and forget. He probably already had the two mono coils and rolled their value into the total price. I don't think the Minelab 15x12 is a coil that most people go out and buy.....were bundled with the GPX's I think.

It certainly looks like a genuine reason to sell.....he was quite open about it.

He's got a box for the 15x12", the bundled ones don't come with a box, wouldn't be my pick of coil for it.

I hope it's not a scam and a lot of people are in queue waiting for one so it will get snapped up pretty quick.

Puzzles me he found it too hard to use.

Either way, probably found what he uses a detector for he preferred his SDC.   There's been a lot of talk about if it's better than the SDC, I guess this guy think's it's not.

For anyone that's interested,  there's also a  coiltek goldstalker 14x9"  'blitz' series coil for sale on gumtree. Looks brand new in the box, a bargain at $140. Its located in Victoria Australia. 

It's one of the better coils that I've tried on the E1500.  

“I got it because I wanted more versatility. I sold it because there is too much going on”

So basically he is selling it because it is doing the thing he bought it to do. You don’t get versatility without extra complexity. Last thing I’d be doing is telling a SDC user they need one. The SDC is an excellent and very simple small gold vacuum cleaner. The AlgoForce is lighter costs less etc but I doubt it really would find gold any better. And I’m a bit doubtful of coils larger than 14x9 at most. That 15x12 you’d want a large battery to balance out the weight. Not a coil I'd want on the machine.

A U.S. buyer should grab fast though even with the bum coil. Beat everyone else by months at least.

Bottom line impulse buy try sell has always been and always will be a feature of the detecting world, especially when the price is this attractive. Going to be lots of new detectorists especially pop for these just to discover PI detecting is not for them. Some people might be better off with a Manticore and 5x8 coil.

I know a lot of people that hate complex electronics and give up great stuff for more simple stuff, probably why the goldmonster sells so well. I would like to have a U.S. warranty center before buying one though.

4 hours ago, RONS DETECTORS MINELAB said:

probably why the goldmonster sells so well

Exactly why the Gold Monster sells so well. Other detectors will find small gold as well, but none do it with needing to know so little about how to tune the detector. Minelab still has the only machines that do auto sensitivity as far as I know. SDC is close to same turn on and go type operation, even more forgiving due to it's inherent hot rock elimination.

Lots of so called defective metal detectors or ones that get rained on for being improperly designed often are getting comments from people that seem to have issues with lots of detectors in general. They want to crank them to the max and have them run smooth and quiet under all conditions. The fact is some ground is really hard for all detectors. I have come to realize a weakness I have as a tester is my ability to simply adjust to whatever it is about a machine there is that others consider a defect. Knock sensitivity is high on that list. Quite a few hot machines can become coil knock sensitive under certain conditions. The solution is usually simple - lower the sensitivity, use superb coil control, or learn to just hear through the noise. That's what I do sometimes with issues when testing prototypes, and then I am surprised later when lots of people complain about something I never thought was much of an issue. I've had to train myself to think more like people who don't get along with electronics in general, can't program the cable box, can't seem to set the time on the microwave, etc. 

22 hours ago, Nedkelly said:

For anyone that's interested,  there's also a  coiltek goldstalker 14x9"  blitz coil for sale on gumtree. Looks brand new in the box, a bargain at $140. Its located in Victoria Australia. 

It's one of the better coils that I've tried on the E1500.  

Would you guys think this COILTEK would be ok to use on the ALGO ??

PXL_20240217_064002572.MP.jpg

Yes, it will work fine, won't be as sensitive to tiny stuff as the more modern spiral coils though, looks a nice light coil, I have the 16" round version of the Gold Stalker mono's and it works well.  I think it would make a good patch finder.