Where Are All The In-field Reviews Of The E1500???

15 hours ago, Taz said:

To you and all the other Aussies in Central Vic, stay safe and take care 👍

Cheers mate, The current big fire is about 50km from me, its likely to flare up into something bigger today and we're expecting more dry lightning today too which is a bigger worry, sparking further fires. Will be keeping a close eye on it all for sure. Check your pumps and hoses and keep your water supply full. Fingers crossed, it doesnt evolve into a disaster day....

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 5:55 PM, Aureous said:

Lucky for us, we got our terrific Guinea Pigs @phrunt @Norvic  and @Nedkelly doing the hard yards for us and Algoforce.

Has anyone compared the depth capability of the Algoforce E1500  with the GPX 6000?

• Like 1

The Aussie forum had a chart but had some settings used that might of obscured the tests.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chet said:

Has anyone compared the depth capability of the Algoforce E1500  with the GPX 6000?

Not in test bed or side x side. In field I have picked up sub grammers in a patch found and flogged with the 6K 11 Round and Goldhawk small elliptical vs E1500 with Sadie. Also picked up larger pieces at depth with the E1500 with 12" round EVO in patch. From this nuggets/scraps dug in the field I have deduced both the E1500 and the 6K have depth capabilities that spiral rounds will prove in time. Especially with the E1500 as there is plenty such larger coils out there for the young uns to employ. If I get roundtoit I`ll tackle the same patch with the Z, but new patches are always calling.... 😉

• Like 5

PS.... have weakened and have a 14x9 Goldhawk for 6K on the way, would prefer a round spiral of similar weight, perhaps Chet you can assist and advise whether wrecking a flogged ML 11, retrieve chip and make a patch cable so as I can use an EVO spiral is the go to solve this dilema. .....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chet said:

From my testing the 6k is better than the E1500 with any coil or settings for depth. As you would expect for the price.

The difference becomes a lot more obvious with larger coils.

I tested the larger coils on an Australian 20 cent piece that I buried deep years ago. The 6k with the 17"×13" minelab coil will hit it 6" to 8" deeper than the E1500 with larger coils.

The big coils I tried:

18" coiltek elite 

18" nuggetfinder advantage 

Still haven't tried the 15" nuggetfinder evolution, it's the next contender when I get out again.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Nedkelly said:

I tested the larger coils on an Australian 20 cent piece that I buried deep years ago. The 6k with the 17"×13" minelab coil will hit it 6" to 8" deeper than the E1500 with larger coils.

That is a big difference, thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nedkelly said:

From my testing the 6k is better than the E1500 with any coil or settings for depth. As you would expect for the price.

The big coils I tried:

18" coiltek elite 

18" nuggetfinder advantage 

Still haven't tried the 15" nuggetfinder evolution, it's the next contender when I get out again.

On the E1500 I think a 17x13" evo would give you the best depth on a 20c coin. I did a quick air test on pretty low sensitivity (too close to suburbia) on a bunch of coils, and the 17x13" was the best by about 5-10mm. 

Just curious how were you altering the depth if the target was already buried - just raising the coil or using blocks?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, PhaseTech said:

On the E1500 I think a 17x13" evo would give you the best depth on a 20c coin. I did a quick air test on pretty low sensitivity (near the house) on a bunch of coils, and the 17x13" was the best by about 5-10mm. 

Just curious how were you altering the depth if the target was already buried - just raising the coil or using blocks?

I was stacking flat rocks on top of each other until I could just hear the coin. The E1500 could just get it at ground level,  but the 6k could get it at an easy 6" above ground level.

Just a quick question Nenad, is it normal for the E1500 to turn itself on when you plug in the power bank ?

The 17x13"evo on the E1500 would be a better comparison with the 17x13" 6k coil.

• Like 2