Tekkna For The Deus 2, First Impression (updated 3)

Another good job.  Good report on Tekkna.  I’ll be experimenting with that program at some point even though I don’t do a lot of land hunting. 
Soldier on Bob….👍🏻😊

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ColonelDan said:

Another good job.  Good report on Tekkna.  I’ll be experimenting with that program at some point even though I don’t do a lot of land hunting. 
Soldier on Bob….👍🏻😊

Thanks Colonel, below are my settings for Tekkna, apologies to Mr Blackwell:

Disc 42

93 sensitivity

Frequency Max 40

Iron volume 10

Reactivity 3 or 4 depending on trash, don't go lower than 2 but you will lose depth at 4, it's noticeable.

Audio Response 5

Frequency offset 10

Bottle Caps 0, but if you find one crank it to 3, and if you still dig them go to 5. You won't miss nickels in mild soil.

Notch off

Silencer 0

That's it, everything else as posted before.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I usually prefer to use deus2 factory programs with only very slight changes and I have never used D2 customized programs up to now.  But after having watched Gary Blackwell's video I concluded that this Tekkna program has something special and is really impressive in the iron trash then I decided to test it  .

I went to one of my favourite testing areas , a wood near a small town where I had previously found artefacts starting from the 14th century up to now .  This is a small area , may be 200 X 100 yards , with very few remaining targets as I have been detecting here during several years with different detectors . 

As it is the worst area I know in terms of iron trash, I know that if a detector works well here it will work everywhere else .. And I was curious to see how Tekkna would behave here ...

Long story short , Tekkna works well,  very well .. I quickly found targets , mainly 1st WW trash at the beginning . Tekkna is very fast , faster than SENSITIVE nr2 that I was using up to now , and the signals on targets very accurate . As said in the vid the only thing is to ensure to dig only repeatitive clear signals . 

Eventually found 2 old coins , a double tournois from the 16th century and an older medieval coin too damaged to be identified . An excellent result for this extremely difficult area .. 🙂

In addition to this field test I have done depth measurements on my home bed test and the results are similar to the other modes , then no depth loss a 10g copper coin which is detected at 11" with a faint but clear high tone signal.

Thanks very much F350 for sharing these vids , Tekkna is now my favourite program and I feel just like if I have a new detector in my hands .. 🙂

The wood :

DSC03201.JPG

A first old coin with Tekkna :

DSC03204.JPG

A 2nd one

DSC03202.JPG

The trash :

DSC03205.JPG

A depth test with Tekkna : A 10g copper coin at 11" -   Test OK 

DSC03207.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, palzynski said:

Thanks very much F350 for sharing these vids , Tekkna is now my favourite program and I feel just like I have a new detector in my hands .. 🙂

Thank you! 🙂

It really does sniff stuff out. I still prefer Relic in big fields with little junk, but get that program with the 9" in lots of iron, and it really shines. It's not that great where there is a lot of brass and aluminum junk, but I can see why the European detectorists would love it. 👍 It's a great tool nonetheless for me.

What level of reactivity was in use when you detected that coin at 11"?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

but get that program with the 9" in lots of iron, and it really shines. It's not that great where there is a lot of brass and aluminum junk,

Well Bob, that leaves me out!  😂.  Aluminum is basically what plagues us on our beaches when you bring up the topic of junk.  
And where I land hunt at the Seminole Indian War site is not really riddled with scrap iron.  Does this mean TEKNNA was not meant for me?  🤣

• Haha 1

"i still wish v2.0 had the same ID normalization as .71. Not a huge deal, but a little annoying having to get used to new TID readings in different programs."

WHAT??? I just updated to 2.0 but I didn't know that this was part of it. Do I have to now do a complete new TID chart? 

otherwise this TEKKNA really sounds great. I can't wait to try it. What great write ups ya"ll.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Thank you! 🙂

It really does sniff stuff out. I still prefer Relic in big fields with little junk, but get that program with the 9" in lots of iron, and it really shines. It's not that great where there is a lot of brass and aluminum junk, but I can see why the European detectorists would love it. 👍 It's a great tool nonetheless for me.

What level of reactivity was in use when you detected that coin at 11"?

I used reactivity ( SENSI FT default setting ) as suggested in the vid  

Up to now I have only 2 hours with Tekkna . Looking forward to use it at other locations ... 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 9:30 PM, ColonelDan said:

Well Bob, that leaves me out!  😂.  Aluminum is basically what plagues us on our beaches when you bring up the topic of junk.  
And where I land hunt at the Seminole Indian War site is not really riddled with scrap iron.  Does this mean TEKNNA was not meant for me?  🤣

Yeah it's probably not the best for the beach, not having any beach parameters. 😀 I probably would have dug less junk if I wasn't specifically looking for gold jewelry.

If you know your good IDs, it would be good at any old site, it's specifically good for finding small coins.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, martygene said:

WHAT??? I just updated to 2.0 but I didn't know that this was part of it. Do I have to now do a complete new TID chart? 

I'm not finding that big a difference in IDs, I think you'll find that pennies were differentiated a bit, but otherwise silver is where it was.

If you're a relic hunter this is great for home sites.

1 hour ago, palzynski said:

I used reactivity ( SENSI FT default setting ) as suggested in the vid  

Up to now I have only 2 hours with Tekkna . Looking forward to use it at other locations ... 🙂

Try lowering reactivity to 2 and 1.5. the Deus is so fast you'll still hit good stuff, and some things deeper. I've found lowering reactivity picks up more targets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1