Garrett Storm?

It seems like the $1200 USA price for the Minelab Manticore was aimed at that the XP Deus 2 market.  Now it looks like the M'Core is still lagging behind by quite a bit!

Minelab may be feeling the heat from investors for their lagging sales.  Competition (above mentioned Deus 2 but also possibly Garrett's upcoming entry) is threatening part of 'the monopoly'.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As had been said many times, competition is good! Even the threat of a new detector from a competitor helps bring the prices down! I'm really rooting for Garrett to come through on this! We will see!👍👍

On 4/14/2024 at 9:50 AM, phrunt said:

I love the 24k, but I personally wouldn't put money into development of a waterproof wireless version, single frequency VLF's are not the future, they'd be better off doing the AT Pro replacement SMF as it will be the waterproof prospecting machine anyway.  If it's a waterproof 24k, the early marketing and excitement will fall pretty flat upon release.

Works very well. The true quiet device in heavy iron, but what about depth? I'm not sure yet.

The 24k is for gold nuggets and micro jewelry. It not a very good relic hunter. I tried it. Max depth on a dime is 7".  It could be used in heavy iron where depth isn't an issue.

Garrett storm coming will probably be a great relic and gold hunter.