Manticore Vs AlgoForce 1500

Is there a thread here that compares these two?  I'm just thinking about the small gold comparison with the M8.  I think Simon is new to both of them if he has an M8.  He was comparing the Manticore to the 800 and some others.  Does Norvic have a Manticore?

• Like 2

Thank you Mitchel. A topic I am interested in too. In particular, how does the PI target ID compare to the Manticore ID for small nuggets in mineralized ground. And at what depth. I said before we should not compare too much detector performances. However, for this one I make an exception. Getting nuggets accurately IDd, or at least clearly separated from small iron/tin trash, is a topic of huge interest, with VLF meters not working very well, doesn't matter what tech.

GC

• Thanks 1

Actually without an ID, I'm interested in size and depth.  There is a redundancy in that area I would think of small gold remaining and you are right, one of them should be able to separate the gold from trash.  If we know it does so on the surface without depth then we know.  Knowing is just better in this case.

There are other comparisons of interest also.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

sadly owners so far don't seem the helpful forums/social media type that reveal how they're doing and how it's performing for them. 

I think we would hear from them if it was rubbish!  

They may be the type that are doing quite well with it such as Norvic and they just don't want to give up any advantage by telling someone.  It is an advantage to exploit just as a Z, X-coil or other producer.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I think we would hear from them if it was rubbish!  

True that, the loudest voices are the most dissatisfied. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/26/2024 at 6:54 PM, mn90403 said:

Is there a thread here that compares these two?

Actually without an ID, I'm interested in size and depth.

Besides this one? No. The Manticore with M8 coil can hit tinier gold than the E1500. The E1500 will easily hit bigger gold at better depth in highly mineralized ground than the Manticore. In low mineral ground or very trashy ground the case can be made that the Manticore might be the better choice for some people, just like the Equinox 800 has done well for some prospectors. Think deep tailing piles with deep nails and cans or the middle of an old mining camp. And while the E1500 has a discrimination system of sorts it is conductivity based not ferrous vs non-ferrous, and requires target by target analysis. The Manticore you can set for two tone ferrous vs non-ferrous, far more efficient and helpful in true trash scenarios.

It's the same old VLF vs PI story - nothing has changed. People expecting the E1500 to be some new magic wand are barking up the same hopes are going to be dashed tree that grows up every time we see a new model come out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/26/2024 at 7:54 PM, mn90403 said:

Is there a thread here that compares these two?  I'm just thinking about the small gold comparison with the M8.  I think Simon is new to both of them if he has an M8.  He was comparing the Manticore to the 800 and some others.  Does Norvic have a Manticore?

Mitchel, Your just the kind of guy who can use an E-1500.  It's priced right and will fit in with all the other gaggle of detectors you have on your Profile.  In fact, does anyone else show as many as you do?

Back to your question, I think for some of us (in the US) it's actually going to take time.  I can easily see this new E-1500 being used in certain old Prospects as Steve mentioned.  One of my favorites is using ID capable detectors in hand workings and tailing piles.  The E-1500 has a few features some of the others do not.  Ergonomics, great coil selection, and Iron ID capabilities. 

Since there are so many soil types and various kinds of gold in the world, not one detector will outshine them all.  We'll have to be patient and learn as they become available and those of us who use them in such situations.

You know me, I'm all about VLF's in some old prospects and have proven to many that depth is a double edge sword, especially for us older folks who just can't dig 2 or 3 foot deep poles all day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1